Anyone Do E-Diets???

• Im seriously considering it (I need lots of structure andits very difficult for me to plan meals without help). I just really need to know that its worth a 3 month commitment.

Thanks!!

Mirth
  • I've heard of that, but don't know anyone who has used it. You might try using the search function at 3FC and entering "e-diet" to see if you can find some threads on it.

Good luck!
  • I tried it when I first joined here.

I signed up and then realized that since I don't like meal plans...I can get all I need here on the 100 pound club, combined with fitday.

I canceled within days of joining.
    I'd say, however...if you need structure and meal plans...they might just have something that will work very well for you

Linda
  • I tried it for a few months. It was really good to get me started. It gives you some good ideas for substitutions, and meal ideas. It was great for me at the time, because I honestly didn't know how to eat a healthy well-balanced meal. After a few months I found I didn't need the made out meal plans and got sick of paying for them. So I quit, but I think it's a good starting point. Even now that I'm doing WW, I find that I use some of the info that I learned on e-diets.
  • I used them for awhile but I wasn't very good at spending a lot of time designing my menu/shopping list/recipe list for the week and then I didn't stick to the choices I'd made so I eventually cancelled the site. You could tweak it between homemade stuff and pre-prepared stuff (like Lean Cuisine) but I was never able to get it really tuned the way I wanted it (something fast for breakfast, Lean cuisine for lunch and family dinner in the evening).

Check out spark people - it will let you set up a daily menu and swap it for other choices if you don't like the ones it suggests.
  • I had a similar experience to Kim. They have a lot of diets to choose from, but I couldn't zero in on one that sounded good to me, as much as I tried to tweak it by entering what I liked and didn't like. I think the one thing that bugged me about their "too busy to cook" menus was that it was all frozen meals. I find that with minimal preparation, I can churn out some fast meals that are made up of fresh foods, rather than having to depend on processed foods.