3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hello everyone, new here. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/97426-hello-everyone-new-here.html)

caroldiaz 11-04-2006 08:47 AM

Hello everyone, new here.

Hi,

My name is Carol! I joined last night. I am 29 and a mother of three small kids, 5, 2, and 1 years old. I run an Avon business and I am taking a correspondence course at home on Bookkeeping! I have been overweight ever since highschool, but now that I have my kids, especially the baby boy, I feel I need to lose weight so I can be a better mom (more energy to run around with them, more patience, more money to spend on them if I'm not buying junk food).

Some of the problems I have on losing weight are that I never have time to make a wholesome meal, my kids are picky eaters(my fault) and instead of making 3 meals(my husband is vegetarian) I will just eat what they eat. Also, I spend spend most of the days in my house, so I'm always tempted to eat, eat, eat.:(

I know what I should be eating and what exercise I should be doing to lose weight, now I just have to do it. I know this board will be of great help to me and I am looking forward to interacting with everyone here. Thanks :) ,

Carol Diaz

jellybelly06 11-04-2006 09:05 AM

Hi and welcome! I just started too!! I know what you mean about keeping up with the kids, that is one of my motivations! There is 11 years between my oldest and youngest and the last 2 are only 12 mos apart! I can't run with them and I want to!!

I don't really have any help for you for meal plans. Something I did get out of my house even though the kids liked them were poptarts, sugar cereals, "fruit bars" and those type of foods. I liked all those to much and they are too easy to mindlessly eat for me! The kids are already ok with it and I just did that 2 weeks ago. I can't have any off limits food in the house, I am not that strong!

This is a great support! Good luck! Jelly

howie6267 11-04-2006 09:14 AM

Welcome Carol. This is a great place for support. Look forward to seeing you around.

glynne 11-04-2006 11:32 AM

Welcome Carol ~ this is a wonderful place ~ looking forward to getting to know you too.

Sheila53 11-04-2006 01:56 PM

:welcome: You'll find a lot of support and inspiration here (just look at Charles' photos!).

Making three meals is just too much, IMHO, especially with your busy schedule. While I know it's difficult, why not make your kids part of this process, too? They can learn to eat healthy right along with you. Getting the junk food out of the house, as Jelly said, could be your first step. Can your DH make his own meals? Or can you cook vegetarian meals and add additional protein on the side? I hope you can find something that works for all of you, but doesn't put an additional work load on you. Take care of yourself first, then you can take care of others, right?

beautifulone 11-04-2006 07:32 PM

:welcome3: Carol!!

This place is wonderful, I hope you find what you are looking for!

I strongly agree with and love what Sheila said:
Quote:

Take care of yourself first, then you can take care of others, right?
Take good care of yourself... yes for your family, but also for YOU :)

Hope to see you around! :wave:

caroldiaz 11-05-2006 01:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome you guys. I am now learning that I have to take care of myself first if I want to take care of anybody else. I am trying to get rid of all this halloween candy my kids got on Tues., by giving them out to everybody I know. Kids are not happy about it, but it is for their own good as well. Having this candy nearby is way too much of a distraction.

Well, I have gone grocery shopping today and boought loads of vegetables wich I will try to use up in our meals this week. Let see how it goes,

Carol Diaz

wip 11-05-2006 06:12 PM

Welcome - lots of support and advice to be found here. :grouphug: It's so true that you have to look after yourself first. I too have 3 kids (now 7, 6, and 2) I wish I had started when they were younger. They pick up your habits. :goodluck:

ChocLabLover 11-06-2006 09:51 AM

:welcome3: Carol from another Carol and another Ontarian! This is a great site for support! Post often so we can get to know you!

barbygirl43 11-06-2006 01:18 PM

Hi and welcome. :welcome2:
As for the halloween candy, I give the kids one week of it and then it is all trashed. (It will be going out tomorrow).

melsfolly 11-06-2006 07:24 PM

Welcome to the forum Carol!

Sandi 11-10-2006 01:17 PM

:welcome:

hautbois 11-10-2006 04:10 PM

Welcome to the board!

princetatt2 11-10-2006 04:28 PM

Welcome. I am also just starting with this site and I am hoping that I am able to help and be helped. I have a lot to lose and I want to do it this time.

famograham 11-10-2006 04:56 PM

:welcome: Carol :)

It's wonderful to have you!

:hug:
Linda