Question about Natural Peanut Butter

• I believe that it was someone here that suggested just pouring the oil off of the top of the natural PB to help reduce calories and fat etc. So, I did that even though I know they are good fats, I hated the really oily texture natural PB sometimes has. My question is...it seems now that I am stuck with some really hard peanut butter as I still put it in the fridge. Today I solved the problem by microwaving it for a few seconds. Any other suggestions on keeping it spreadable without the excess oil?

Thanks
  • I tried the same think and it went really hard.if its all natural with only peanuts,then the oil is suppose to be really good for you.
  • I pour the oil off after opening the jar, too. After that, I keep it in the fridge and mix it up again every once in a while. The peanut butter is usually pretty much ok until I get to the bottom third of the jar. I've definitely done 15 seconds in the microwave. Other than adding in more oil, I don't really have any other suggestions. I've never tried to do that, because the microwave situation works fine.
  • Instead of pouring off the oil, unless you really want to stick with that, I put the jar upsidedown when I get home from the store and the next day it is nicely mixed up. It just needs a little stirring, and the oily mess is gone.