3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm telling everyone... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/93874-im-telling-everyone.html)

nelie 09-15-2006 11:03 AM

I'm telling everyone...

I posted in the mini-goals section AND LWL but I have lost 100 lbs total. I did forget to mention one thing. 3fc and the 100 lb club has been there for most of my journey. When you have 100 lbs or more to lose, support is critical. I don't know if I could've done it without 3fc and you guys. I have struggled over the years but I was able to know that I wasn't alone.

I still have a long way to go so I'm not going anywhere and even when I reach my goal, I'll still be here :)

tolose85 09-15-2006 11:22 AM

Nelie-- That is SO awesome. Congratulations! 100lbs is a huge milestone! You have been a great support to me during my journey as well, along with this board. You're right 3FC is the best support around. I am so proud of you. Congratulations again, its such a wonderful accomplishment. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work and PLEASE don't ever leave us... We are so glad to have you a part of our group!

I am so so so happy for you! Truly.

Sandi 09-15-2006 11:39 AM

WAY TO GO!!! :carrot: 100 lbs lost! :carrot: That is such an amazing accomplishment!!

Please share the changes in your life because you have shed 100 lbs.

Angel33 09-15-2006 12:05 PM

Wow Nelie, what an awesome accomplishment.
Thanks for sharing the great news. Keep up the good work!!

nelie 09-15-2006 12:07 PM

I didn't even think about the changes in my life but there are many!

- I can walk/hike many miles without pain. I used to get horrible sharp pains in my ankles when I would walk at a decent pace for 10 minutes or more. I would either have to walk slower or just endure the pain.

- I am more flexible than I ever have been. I have been working on my flexibility but I noticed it is a lot easier after losing weight than before. I would have a tough time putting on my left socks. Those are no longer issues.

- The seat in my car doesn't have to be all the way back. I don't need seat belt extenders when I go on plane trips.

- I still don't like those little white plastic chairs that are so popular but I can sit in them comfortably without worrying (too much) that they will break.

- I can shop in almost any store for clothes. I can't wear everything but I can wear XL size tops and I can fit bottoms in department stores. When I first started a size 24 in a department store was a dream.

- I feel good about the things I eat. I used to feel a lot of guilt towards the food I ate. Also, i would stuff myself on a regular basis but I am more careful about portions these days

- I wear a "normal" size shoe and "normal" size ring. I used to wear size 11 shoes and size 11 ring which are nearly impossible to find in a regular shoe store. I now wear a size 9.5/10 shoe and a size 9.5 ring. I also have a "normal" sized wrist where I had to wear an 8 inch bracelet. My wrist is now less than 7 inches.

- I bought my wedding gown off the rack. Before, it probably would've had to been specially ordered and even then I probably would've needed to go to a shop that specialized in large sizes. (I wouldn't have fit a size 26 gown at all but I have a loose size 22 gown now)

- I am able to love myself enough to be comfortable with someone else loving me. At 350/360, I really couldn't accept that someone could actually care for me and love me.

- I feel normal. Even though I'm still obese, I have a sense of normalcy. When I was in the mid/upper 300s, it was hard to feel normal.

Those are the things that stand out the most.

Stevi-rocks 09-15-2006 12:16 PM

You are a very important inspiration to all of us who at one point looked down the path of weight loss and thought it too long and hard. Keep sharing!

Get n healthy 09-15-2006 12:27 PM

WOW, what an awesome feeling. Good for you. You are an inspiration that it CAN happen.

midwife 09-15-2006 12:51 PM

Congrats, Nelie! This is such an amazing milestone!

famograham 09-15-2006 01:03 PM

How wonderful, Nelie!!!

I love the changes!!!

I am so proud of you :cheer:

:hug:
Linda

glynne 09-15-2006 01:29 PM

Congratulations Nelie ~ way to go ~ I am happy for you.

DNR 09-15-2006 01:43 PM

Wonderful News

This is wonderful news Nelie. Someday . . . I will be there. I am sure you notice a lot of changes (as you have listed) and feel so much better than 100 lbs. to go. You must be so proud of yourself.

DNR

kykaree 09-15-2006 01:49 PM

Well done Nelie, you are always such an inspiration, and your success is so fabulous!!!!!!

docdragon 09-15-2006 01:56 PM

Yay!

I am very happy and excited for you! :woo:

Some days it feels like I will never loose 100 pounds! I have lost over 40 but, as I am sure you know, 40 pounds doesn't seem like much when you were over 300 in the first place. I am finally starting to notice a change in my (elastic waist) pants. They are a little longer than they used to be. But it is hard to really see a difference. :rolleyes:

Anyway, CHEERS to you! You are a great inspiration! :bravo:

Doc

finn 09-15-2006 02:02 PM

Nelie thats absolutley amazing - you are such an inspiration to all here. Well done!

teapotdynamo 09-15-2006 02:21 PM

That's fantastic news, Nelie. You should be so proud of this huge milestone!