Old 08-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  

Default I fell off the wagon right into a bucket of icecream.

I had a horrible weekend of no control.... I would love to blame my husband for being the icecream enabler...but I admit I could have been stronger. I did so well all week while my husband was at work, I don't know what happened this weekend!

I did however go for a walk with the baby! I am happy I got my butt moving.

I totally think it was because I didnt check in on 3fc! I will have to post everyday to keep me motivated!

Please send me some stick with it vibes!
teacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

So you had a bad weekend, everyone does for one reason or an other. Just think that you had 5 good days instead. And you went for a walk.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

As you hose yourself off from your inadvertent ice cream bath, try to figure out WHY it happened... maybe it won't happen next time! And just move on. That ice cream's eaten, but you can control your next meal!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I find too, that coming here is motivating
Good for you for going for a walk! You can definitely do this, and sometimes the hardest thing is to stop that bandwagon from rolling - but you've already come here and reached out! Use this as an experience to learn from, as wyllenn has said. I think these weekends or times just happen, and part of this process is learning how to get back on track

You can do this, you really can
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:19 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Another thing that helps me is to think ahead of time of situations like that, and decide on options that fit better into my lifestyle.

I KNOW I'll go for ice cream. It's part of our family's "treat" menu, and I have no interest in trying to change that. But at every ice cream place, there are options.

Get a small or a kiddie cone rather than double dip.
Get a sundae and share it.
Get a lower-calorie option (some places have frozen yogurt, which is amazingly good at satisfying the sweet tooth)

I try to think to myself, "I can have anything I want to eat. But if I could only have ONE ice cream in the whole world, would this be the one I'd choose?" If it's Moose Tracks or Peanut Butter Chocolate, the answer might be yes, and I'll get a small cone. If it's soft-serve dairy surprise... well, a diet soda might serve instead, or a few licks from my daughter's cone.

For instance, the ohter day, the ice cream truck came by when we were walking. DH and DD each got an ice cream treat. Some cotton-candy-fruit bar for her and an ice cream bar with sprinkles instead of chocolate for him. I looked at the options, and other than the ice cream sandwich, nothing looked like something I HAD to have. So I just got a bottle of water. I had one bite of each of theirs, and my sweet tooth was satisfied.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote