Okay the time has come for me to get serious again. The last couple of months have been really tough.
So I'm here now making a new commitment to make this work. I felt that I need to share this as to hopefully add some accountabilty to the mix.
I am 6.5 months into my journey and really in a rut.
So today I have decided to start over. A fresh start, a new beginning. Whatever you want to call it.
So I began this morning by writing down a few things to try and get me back on track.
Why do you want to lose weight?
1. I want to be able to keep up with my daughter (2.5 )
2. I want to feel better, have more energy. Not be so tired all the time.
3. I no longer want to known as the FAT wife, mom, friend, co-worker, etc
4. I want to look more polished and professional for my job. (I am a corporate training specialist for a mortgage company.)
What do you plan to do to lose weight?
1. Calorie counting (1500 a day or less)
2. Exercise (5xs a week)
3. Eat less processed food
4. Be a regular at 3FC, don't be shy to ask for suggestions and support from others that have been in your shoes.
Things I need to cut out or limit. There are some things that are trigger foods for me, so I have decided to cut them out completely or limit them a great deal.
Cut out Limit
Fast food pasta
candy fried foods
white bread cookies/cake
I have also decided to change my goal weight. I think my expectation has been too high and I always manage to sabbotage myself. For the past 6 months I have spent more time focusing on how much I still have to lose instead of how much I have lost so far. This time I am taking it 10lbs at a time. I have seen others on this site try it and it has seem to work. My new goal is 175 with no particular time frame in which to lose it. Once I reach that goal I will then reevaluate things again and see where I want to go from there. Right now that just seems a little more obtainable.
I can do this and I won't give up.
Thanks for letting me rant and wish me luck!