Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/325/175

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Scale won't budge!

Good morning all:

Well another weekly weigh-in and I am the same I have been for 3 weeks, what is wrong with me? I get so frustrated, I really know it is my fault, I do well for a couple of days, then I have a break down, my husband's union just went on strike Friday and it could be a long haul, I don't work, you get the picture, maybe I can lose weight when I no longer have any food to eat . My parents are both very ill, and the worry and taking care of them is really trying my resolve. I love them so much and want to be here for them, but when you are running here and there and filled with worry, it is so hard to stay OP, and ever since the guys went on strike Friday, I have just wanted to eat myself into oblivion, how stupid of me. There are other stressors in my life, just as I know everyone has, I have just got to learn to get a handle on them. You all are an inspiration and I love reading the posts, my computer was also down for a few days so I did not get to read or post, so eating kind of filled the void,j/k . Well, I hope everyone had a "losing" week, at least I haven't gained, and that is a blessing! Have a great day! God bless you all!
zandersnannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #2  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Karen -

I hope this isn't the wrong thing to say, but I know if I were dealing with all the stressors you are right now, I'd have a really hard time staying focussed on weight loss. It it possible that it might be better to try to maintain rather than lose for a bit? It just seems like there's a lot of pressure on you and you're piling on more b/c you're not losing.

On the other hand, if focussing on losing helps you feel less stressed by these other things over which you have little or no control, than maybe sticking with it is best.

Just my 2 cents, I don't lose weight well when there's lots of high-level stress and there's a difference b/t that and the regular stress we all deal with every day.

for you.
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Karen – I don’t think it is stupid for you to feel like you want to turn to food in times of trouble. It is absolutely natural and healthy to want to find ways to comfort ourselves when things are rough. Of course food is not the best way to do this, but when we haven’t built other coping mechanisms it can be very hard not to turn to eating. It is reasonable to feel stressed with what you are dealing with and feeling bad about yourself for overeating certainly won’t help the situation. What other things might you be able to do to help relieve stress right now? It is hard when you can’t spend money, but maybe give yourself some “me time” to curl up with a good book (taken out of the library) or take a long hot bath. Take care of yourself through this rough time.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote