3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I had a dream last night... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/92349-i-had-dream-last-night.html)

jillybean720 08-26-2006 07:56 AM

I had a dream last night...

Yup. I did. And it was one I've never had before, and it was so realistic I was just now thinking about it and thought it actually happened.

I dreamt that Jeff and I were watching tv, and I got up to get a bowl of ice cream. I went into the kitchen and scooped a bunch of ice cream into a bowl (cuz for me, honey, 1/2 a cup of ice cream is never enough! ;) ). I even remember it was chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirl--that is how detailed my dream was. Anyway, I went back into the living room with it, and I took 3 bites. Then I stopped and stared at the ice cream and thought, "What am I doing? This isn't on my plan!" I went back into the kitchen and dumped the ice cream back into the ice cream container and returned it to the freezer.

What a boring dream, eh? But it definitely tells an interesting story for me. I was on the verge of re-entering the 300s just a couple weeks ago. On Monday, August 7, I kicked myself in the butt and got back to business. My scale was flickering between 295.5 and 296 that morning. This morning, it firmly reads 284. Maybe my dream was a sign that I'm thinking about food too much, or maybe it's a sign that I am truly dedicated this time around. Who knows. But I know it made me happy that even in my dream, the one place I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight, I could resist the temptation :cool:

TamiL 08-26-2006 08:03 AM

Way to go! Its sound as if losing weight is now part of your sub conscious mind!
Maybe Freud was really talking about food and not sex!

drake3272004 08-26-2006 12:07 PM

Sounds like a great dream really!
Right now my greatest NSV would to be able to get my wedding ring off........haven't been able to do so in almost a year. So, I keep having the same dream where I am able to get it off! I feel so good the next day and keeps me committed!

kykaree 08-26-2006 02:04 PM

I have those sort of dreams a lot! Chocolate or pizza normally, and I always stop what I'm doing and throw it away. It heartens me that I (including my subconcious) really do actually care aboutt his whole getting healthy thing!

You go girl! Get those dreams and real life into synchronicity (that's my five syllable word for the day!)

Laura Philly 08-26-2006 05:53 PM

If that were my dream, I'd have finished it all up... and not have gained an ounce! I LOVE ice cream, but I too am not satisfied with just a half of a cup.

srmb60 08-26-2006 05:58 PM

I'd be hoping it meant that watching your food intake is now a deeply ingrained practice. It's really sunk in this time ... all the way to the subconscious. I find it very encouraging!