O/T 10th Anniversary Tomorrow, Ideas?

• Well, amazingly enough my marriage has lasted ten years

There were times when I was sure we would not make it this far, but also times when I knew no matter how difficult...we're in this for the long haul.

Rudy has booked us a "Touch of Romance" package at a local Spa http://www.grottospa.com/packages.php and I'm hoping with all my heart that I will finally get the tenth anniversary three stone, past, present, future diamond ring I've been wanting and hinting about for over six years!!!
    Although the spa experience will be absolutely amazing and more than enough on any other anniversary!!!!

Not too sure if the ring will happen, and yes...I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't.

I know that tin/aluminum are the traditional gifts for the tenth anniversary..and was just hoping some of you wonderful people might have some creative awesome ideas for me!

So...any takers?

Linda
  • Congrats on your anniversary - my 10th will be in May and I too wonder how I've made it that long sometimes.

I know my husband would just love ANYTHING that had to do with golf. Does your hubby golf - if so, maybe you could find something cool in that department for him.

DNR
  • A lap dance

We went to Vegas to ride on the Enterprise for our 10th, little bit different than a spack package

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Miss Chris
  • Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you do get the ring!

On my 10th Anniversary, my DH and I went on a Caribbean cruise and while in the Virgin Islands, we went jewelry shopping. I found a ring I liked and they made it my size while we went to lunch. Back on the ship, I was showing it off and someone remarked, "oh, 10 diamonds for 10 years!" I hadn't even noticed!!! (They are small diamonds, BTW!)
  • Linda -

My 10th wedding anniversary is tomorrow also!!! What a coincidence! Hubby and I are both taking the day off to revisit many of the places we used to spend time when we were first dating. We're also having dinner at the restaurant where we got engaged (fancy French place). Then on Saturday some friends are giving us a party which will include close friends who were in or at our wedding. I'm so excited!!!

Happy, happy anniversary to you!!!
  • Of course I have some ideas, I will have to PM them to you. muahahahaha. j/k

Just wanted to congratulate you!
  • No ideas, unfortunately, but just wanted to wish you congratulations on your 10th anniversary! That's quite a milestone--enjoy yourself!
  • Well, I thought it was about time to post an update on how it went.

It was beyond my expectations. Sometimes I really need to remind myself of the good things I have

We got to the spa and it was lovely. We were taken to our room (private suite) and got to have a bath in a copper tub with essential oils and salts. While in the tub (it was soooo hot!...the water..dirty minds ) we had champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. I tell you, in water that hot...champagne goes to your head REALLY fast, especially for me..I have a hard time finishing my one occasional beer I had to get out for a minute because I felt really faint and very tipsy

After our bath we had wonderful hour long side by side massages. Mine was the perfect person. She had the strength to apply the kind of strong pressure that I like, she was finding all my worst knots. She was definitely the kind of massage therapist that a woman likes more than a man does... (most) men are babies .

So after our massages, we had a few minutes in the room. Rudy took a bunch of pictures and we started to do our gifts.

After I wrote the original post in this thread, I went out and started looking for the perfect gift. I looked all that day and the entire next day...right up until pretty much the last minute before I had only time to wrap it before Rudes got home.

I finally found what I wanted....in several different places.
    I gave him an antique lock box made of aluminium inlaid with brass, inside the lock box's lid I printed out this : "The pliability of tin and aluminium is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable, and how it can be bent without being broken."
    Inside the box, were three old maps of his hometown area and a new, white gold wedding band, beautifully wrapped. I also found in the same antique store, a reproduction of an ancient Chinese compass in a beautiful case with Chinese writing covering the inside and a beautiful dragon on the outside. Inside the compass, I put a note that said "May your heart always find it's way home to me"

Well, he loved it

And then I got my ring...and it is beautiful. I absolutely love it..he chose very well. It's a 1/2 carat total weight, 3 stone past, present, future ring. White gold also, the diamonds are princess cut, and the whole design is very simple, which is perfect for me. The design is the same as this one, but the side and center diamonds are a little closer in size than pictured here:http://cgi.ebay.com/1-32-CT-VS2-PRIN...QQcmdZViewItem

After that, we went out for a late dinner and then went and watched "Snakes on a Plane" which was a hilarious and fitting end to a wonderful, magical night. Then we went home and collapsed into bed and fell right to sleep

I'm a lucky girl...most of the time
    xoxo
    Linda
  • Awww, that is so sweet. Sounds like you guys had an incredible day.
    Glad to hear things went so well.
    Great idea on his gift and of course the ring is absolutely beautiful.
  • Linda-- you are so thoughtful and romantic. My 5 year is coming up-- I'm stealing your compass line.. I want to get my hubby a new band-- he mangled it up at work 2 years ago... PERFECT.. you've now inspired ME!

Congratulations on your 10 year. You two are so romantic. I got tears in my eyes reading your update post!

I'm so happy for you. The ring is Beautiful!
  • Awww....thanks so much, Gretchen!!!!

I'd love for you to steal my idea..it worked out well.

And thank you too, Leec

Linda
  • I am pleased for you Linda. It sounds like you had a night to remember!
  • It sounds like a fabulous and well-deserved romantic evening. Your gift was so incredibly thoughtful, Linda.
  • I must be miss unromantic The things you did are thoughtful and sweet... I'm not much of a gift giver or gift receiver though. Not that I don't like gifts but I feel pressure of someone not liking what I give them and I don't feel a need for gifts myself. I'm already trying to figure out how to get out of getting a christmas gift from my DF