Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  
One pound at a time...

Default Way OT: Empire Today?

I figured I would poll my friends here at 3FC to find out if anyone has used this company. After hemming and hawing for months, I have decided to finally install laminate flooring in the basement. Empire Today is going to come in on Saturday to give me a quote. The website does not give you too much detail other than they have been in business for 45 years, and that due to the fact that they do not have retail stores, they can keep the prices low. Has anyone used them? Good or Bad experience?
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #2  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Carol -

I had laminate floors installed as part of a kitchen remodel 6 years ago and I love them! I think they are great for dogs (although yours are a lot bigger than mine - I have 2 pugs). I'm not familiar with the company you mentioned. Do you have the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in Canada? If so, you can look on the BBB website to see if any complaints have been filed against the company. Also, you can always ask for references from previous jobs they've done. I know they can cherry-pick the good ones to give you, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck, I know home "stuff" can be anxiety-provoking! I'm sure you will be happy in the end. Have fun choosing the floor and let us know how it turns out.

Mary
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, I would be REALLY interested to see answers about anyone who has used Empire. Their commercials are CONSTANTLY stuck in my head! I see them on tv and hear the on the radio ALL the time That stupid little song...800 5-8-8, 2-300 Empire! Call Empire today!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote