Old 08-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Dee- and wow would you look at you??? You have done an amazing job! I am so proud of you! Can't wait to be where you are! Congratulations on the losses. It is really fantastic!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone. I am still working for 2 more weeks. I plan on taking Mon. the 28th off to spend time with the kiddos before we have the new arrival. I have 2 more appts. and I'll do my pre-op paper signing on the 23rd.
Things looked a lot better at my appt. yesterday other than I have a stupid summer cold. It just sucks. I had to call in sick on Tuesday (the busiest day at work) but I just had no energy, was getting dizzy with headaches, my chest hurt, the works. I slept most of the day and felt better yesterday. This morning I woke up like crap again but as I was up and around, I'm feeling better.

Sandi I so relate to you although it's just going to be head start for Lilly. I had a major emotional breakdown this morning because the head start is already full and I can send her to another one but it's going to be hard to get her to and fro and still be able to work 2 more weeks. She is so excited about getting to go to school and all I could think of was I would be breaking her heart if she can't start now. I called mom and she said if she had to she would just keep her for the 2 weeks before we have the baby and get her there and then I'll be on maternity leave and have someone with me the first 3 weeks and then we'll transfer her to the school in the town where I work.

Oh, Sandi, if you'll PM me your phone #, I can have my mom call you with the details of the birth since I won't be back online for 4-6 weeks afterward. Donna (hautbois) posts over at my birthing board but I haven't seen her around in a while.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #18  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

It did not go so well with my BF on Wed. night. He text messaged me at five when he was supposed to here to say he was helping out a friend and would be 1 hour late. He came in with an adpater for my computer and proceeded to be on and off the computer every five minutes for the next hour or so. I was upset to say the least considering how it had been almost 7 weeks. He made me feel like I was not as important to him as he is to me. I commented on it and when he comes over tonight I will discuss it with him. He was not taking my annoyance seriously the other night.....am I being over the top???
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #19  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone,

Dee, you are so close to goal! It sounds like you will be almost there by the time your night classes start.

Gretchen, I don't think I've "met" you, but that was a great post. Very inspiring, and you have a great attitude. I so agree that a lot of weight loss starts with your frame of mind.

Dawnyal, I hope you get the head start situation worked out. The logistics of being a working mom can sometimes be so frazzling.

Darlene, How annoying! I'm sure you were wanting to spend time together and there he goes bouncing off and on the computer. I don't think you're overreacting, I'd be annoyed also.

Today was DH's first day of physical therapy, so I stayed home from work to take him since he isn't driving yet. It took longer than I thought it would so I called my boss and told her that I would like to take the rest of the day off. It was so nice to have the afternoon to relax.

I got my email from push.tv this morning to get the three month free membership that I won through 3FC. I'm looking forward to trying those. I love the WATP but I'm looking for something to switch up since I'm getting a bit bored with the WATP every day.

Have a great night everyone
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #20  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I've been off and on here the past few months and am hoping to stick around for awhile again. Good to catch up with all of you. Gretchen it's good to see you back and to see that you have your good attitude back. I know exactly how you are feeling with the weight gain but you have the right attitude and I know you will get it off.

Things are going really well for me. I found out in June that I would be losing my job but recent interviews and a second up coming interview lead me to believe that it will all work out. I am pretty sure I will be getting an offer on this second interview. The office is here in town but the second interview is out of state. So they are paying my way there to see corporate headquarters and all. So I think they are pretty serious about hiring me.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Week # 2 feeling pretty darn good. I decided to inspire myself and got my hair cut REAAAAALLLLY short.. AND Colored Copper red with bright blonde highlights, got my nails done and got some new diggs... I feel like I just went through an extreme makeover! I've got more energy than I know what to do with. I've only lost 5.5 lbs so far but I feel really good. I think I'll keep going! It's really good to be back.

I had a great weekend. I got my quarterly bonus so I was able to have a mini-shopping spree. I put some money in my savings and the rest.... well, lets just say, I had a ball with! It felt good to go shopping.. How was your weekend?
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #22  
Born Loser

Sounds like a fun weekend Gretchen. So glad to see you so upbeat. We had a pretty laid back weekend. Watched the hot rods up in town on Saturday. We live close to National Trails Raceway and it was MOPAR week here. So there were a lot of nice cars running around. Then I had a buddy over last night to watch football.

I did ok eating but not prefect. I'm going to cut back a few calories today to help with the few I was over on the weekend. All in all it was pretty good. I never stuffed myself so I'm happy anytime I can control that.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #23  
DollyR

It's actually kind of nice to be home. My DBF has been spending a lot of time with me since I have been back and I realized how much I miss him when I am away. I feel bad though about my lack of sticking to plan. I have been good about exercising but I am not the best at keeping to the eating plan. I tried to look at what I ate today and recorded in in my Fitday. However I have not finished the day and am already at 1650. I am trying but not hard enough. The exercise though has been great. I have been doing about keeping to the exercise plan. I have been going every other day and doing cardio and weight lifting. I will change the plan when I get my Body for Life book in the mail. I am really hoping to lose 103 pounds by July 1 of next year. I figure the bigger my muscles get the easier it will be to burn fat later.

I thought about the fact I have lost and gained the same 30 to 35 pounds since January 1 of this year. MAN.............I should be about 70 pounds away from goal right now.

Last edited by DollyR; 08-15-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #24  
Born Loser

I know how that is Darlene. I've lost and gained the same 20 lbs since December when I hit my all time low of 243. It's hard to keep going sometimes. I have found that it's going to be a lifetime change. There is no going off when you reach goal. Add a few calories yes but go off plan NO. I really hate it when we eat unhealthy. I feel so sluggish and down. It's funny you would think we would learn how much better we feel and keep going but it does not always work that way.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #25  
DollyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267 View Post
I know how that is Darlene. I've lost and gained the same 20 lbs since December when I hit my all time low of 243. It's hard to keep going sometimes. I have found that it's going to be a lifetime change. There is no going off when you reach goal. Add a few calories yes but go off plan NO. I really hate it when we eat unhealthy. I feel so sluggish and down. It's funny you would think we would learn how much better we feel and keep going but it does not always work that way.
So true Howie. This is hard to admit but the other night I was not even near plan with dinner and I could not stop myself. I was eating this spare rib and I thought wow is it worth it?? I guess at that moment it was. I was truly more concerned with my immediate satisfaction than anything long term. I did stop and threw away three ribs but it was after almost a whole rack. Today I am going to the grocery store to get more things in that are better choices if things are getting down to nothing in the cupboards to eat.

I woke this morning and I feel a little better than I did yesterday but I think about this huge journey and lifetime commitment. I ask myself "Why can't you just let it be a priority??"

On the up side I am really enjoying exercising so maybe the building of muscles will help with the weight loss.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

So I'm feeling a little whiny this morning so I thought I'd vent a bit. Enjoyed working in my yard over the past couple of weekends. However, I picked up a case of poison oak (it's the poison ivy of the west), and I've got it on the back of one knee, the front of the other knee, and various spots on my legs and one spot on my left upper arm. It itches! The dr. recommended some stuff, but I didn't read the fine print and used a cortisone cream first, and discovered that now I have to wait 3 days before I apply the doctor recommended stuff, and I can't use the cortisone cream again. If anybody has any tried and true methods of getting rid of this stuff, let me know--please!

While I was talking to my daughter on the cell phone on Sunday, and absentmindly started pulling out weeds, when I realized I was trying to pull up a stalk of poison oak. Threw the phone to my DH, and washed my hand, applied Lysol, and did everything I could to get the oils off my hand. My hand hasn't broken out yet so I'm hoping I got it in time.

Then when I was running today, a muscle or something in the upper part of my leg started to hurt. When I was done, I could barely lift my left leg to get into the car. Not good. I'm training for a 5K in September, and don't need an injury. *Sigh*

Hoping to have much happier news tomorrow!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #27  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Sheila -

Just wanted to say . So sorry you're having such a crummy day. I didn't hear you say one word about eating to deal with it, so that's fantastic!

I can't help you with the poison oak but here's another for you.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

Wow Sheila, you have been through a lot. I hope that poison oak reaction clears up for you (sorry, I know nothing about the treatment) and your leg starts to feel better.

I have been MIA for a while. I've been maintaining through exercise and not really dieting per se. I also just found I'm pregnant, again. So I shouldn't really be dieting anyways. I'm doing good with the walking though and just bought a new pair of walking shoes to keep me going. (new shoes always feel so good after walking in worn out shoes!) Emilia is doing really well. Today she said "mama" for the first time. Of course she doesn't know what she is saying yet, but it still counts Take care everyone. I'll continue to lurk during the next nine months and cheer you on from the side lines. And hopefully when Baby #2 arrives, I can get back on track!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #29  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Congrats!

Donna -

Congrats on your pregnancy and on your little one saying "mama" for the first time. How exciting!! What a great day for you .
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, Donna, congratulations on your pregnancy!! Hope you can keep on walking during the next nine months. I remember doing that with my second child, and it helped with the weight gain plus gave me a bit more energy.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote