Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
I was just thinking that people who have weight loss surgery also get told how "easy" it is, but I think it's anything but!
I think in one of my previous progress posts, someone said something about Optifast being essentially the same as surgery - just without the surgery and nasty side effects...but then being on the same kind of restrictions and having to make the same behavioral changes, etc.
I don't know how people get through WLS, that is something I do not think I could go through, especially with the long term consequences. NOPE, not for me... this is extreme as I'll go LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 03:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Way to go Amanda and I agree I don't know how you do it, I need to eat something. Great job!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #18  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Nelie, yes the machine i use isn't as accurate as a bouancy test thought i don't think i culd fit in the tank just kidding anyways it does give me a marker of where i am at.
Amanda you are right about the restrictions being about the same though with out the extreme of surgery. I know of a few friens and acquaintenaces that have and it done and although it has worked i wonder at what price in 30 years or so. Though I do realize some have had it done due to major medical problems so I don't mean to step on anyones toes. Personally I figure whateer choice we make for weight loss isn't easy and has had considerable thought put into it depending on our individual needs. Your results are amazing Amanda . I look forward to see what the next month has in store for you.
ANna
Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on the weight loss so far! I did Optifast years ago and lost 40 pounds on the liquid phase but totally blew it when I returned to regular food. It sounds like you are getting much better counseling and have a great attitude.

Just wanted to toss in that there are different kinds of WLS, with different risks and restrictions. It's not for everyone but do your own research not just what you may have heard from others (including me ). I had the lapband, which doesn't involve rearranging your insides and has no higher risk of death than ANY surgery (which all have a certain risk).

Anyway, this is a great thread and previous posters are right - there is no easy way - just tools and hard work to get us where we're going.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #20  

I'm new to this forum and I haven't been able to figure out how to phrase search questions for help. I'm trying to determine if a can of Progresso soup will effect the Optifast diet I'm using.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hi, Akrofrank - welcome to 3FC - Start a new thread when you want to ask a question that isn't addressed in a current thread. Or do what you did here to bring an old thread back to the top. (It's referred to as "bumping.") Someone will jump in. you chose a thread that was close to what you need, so people who know might take the time to read.

When you're on the page that shows all the topics in a forum (you're in the "100 pound club" forum right now - there are others) there is a "button at the top left just above the list of threads that says "new thread." Click on it and you'll be able to put a title to your thread and someone will jump in and answer if they can. then you can follow the thread to see who answers. If you subscribe to the thread (see the option on the lower left on this page) you can choose to get an email when someone posts in the thread.

I can't help with your question. I hope someone else will be able to.

Lin
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 243/225/145

Height: 5ft4inches

Default you are a inspiration to me

I am on optifast too!I have lost 17 lbs starting 34 days ago and yes ,it is hard!but i am really commited this time and I feel in control! My dr of 10 years recomended this and she was on the program so she is very inderstanding of the real hard work involved.That helps alot there is about 5 0f us in our wekly group so we learn plot and stratagize together my dr makes me take blood test evey week so i feel safe.I hope to be like bucketgirll an really do something for me for my health!I have grandchildren to teach and inspire,and i'd like to be there for them!wishing all the 3fc;s good family holidays and good luck though no food at our house just one of those prebaked gingerbread houses that people can come over after thier meals elsewere and assemble .i'm a salt and fat and carb junkie not sweets so thats a relief!this website is so helpful to me when I need to know i a'm not alone! 60 lbs to go
Closed Thread