3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I knew it was too good to be true!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/90017-i-knew-too-good-true.html)

DollyR 07-25-2006 08:32 AM

I knew it was too good to be true!!

:o :( :mad: Well I just got off the scale. I have now gained 5 pounds on vacation. The food festival is just reving up for today as I have a lunch with some cousins and a dinner on the wharf. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose I guess. (no pun intended) I am however still going to gym here on vacation so it could of been much worse and my Mom (bless her Heart) made her best meal the other night since she sees me so seldom. I could be worse. If I did not exercise I could be 10 pounds bigger right?:o :( :mad:

Jen415 07-25-2006 08:44 AM

Precisely....don't be hard on yourself....when you get back to normal, the weight will come back off!

nelie 07-25-2006 09:19 AM

When I went to visit my family, I also gained weight. The scale reported about 5-6 lbs. When I got home, those lbs were gone within that week and a couple more as well. I was a bit strict on myself but really I knew a lot of it came from me eating things that I don't normally eat and eating out too much.

andoreth 07-25-2006 09:32 AM

Yes, I agree with Nelie that there is a good chance that at this point a lot of the weight will "clear up" in short order once you get back to your normal routine. At least a certain portion of it isn't going to be extra fat in storage, but water weight, "bulk" in your system, etc. Of course, you shouldn't use that as a reason to not fight your hardest to hold back any gain possible- portion control and balancing higher cal meals with lower ones are probably some of your best friends right now (along with the exercise).

It's kind of like a military battle in that sometimes we are on the offensive, and the goal is to make as much progress (safely) as possible. Sometimes we are on the defensive, and the goal becomes keeping the damage to a minimum and making sure that we are ready to re-group as quickly as possible. But it isn't necessary to "win" every moment in order to be victorious at the end.

I say you're doing great! Exercising while on vacation is certainly above and beyond the call of duty- and I'd put you up for promotion if I had the power! :)

trishn222 07-25-2006 12:26 PM

I agree with Jen. The fact that you are exersising while on vacation shows how dedicated. Sometimes we need a vacation from all that calorie counting. Just think of the boost you will get when you get back home and it comes off in just a little bit.

kykaree 07-25-2006 03:55 PM

I weighed when I was on holiday and the scales said I was 10lb up!!!! So I haven't bothered weight since. That was four weeks ago. my clothes still fit, so I don't care!!!

Don't stress and deal with it when you come back!!!

Jayde 07-25-2006 04:03 PM

Darlene.. you know it is coming right back off. Cause you caught it when it was a wee little 5 pounds. :) I agree that without the exercise it could have been a lot worse.. it could be more weight and in addition to that an absence of the good body chemicals produced when we exercise... doing its own damage that is not so easily measurable.

So your vacation ends in what 2 weeks? Enjoy your the 2 weeks.. eat healthy but enjoy... exercise... but again.. enjoy...

When you get back to Korea you can chase one of the buses down Itaewon!

DishyFishy 07-25-2006 05:37 PM

Don't sweat it, Darlene. You'll get rid of any gain once you can get back into a regular routine. :yes:

I still have 3 pounds to go before I'm back to my pre-holiday weight, and you know what? I'm still not sorry I gained so much. :p I had oodles of fun when I was away, and, more importantly, I learnt some good lessons about what not to do the next time my routine is interrupted.

I'm sure you'll do great again once you get back to normal. :hug:

ChocLabLover 07-26-2006 08:36 AM

As everyone else has said, it will come off when you get back to normal! It is tough when you are on vacation to keep to your routine. You do what you can (but enjoy yourself). Once you get back to norma, it will melt off.

Heather 07-26-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DishyFishy
I still have 3 pounds to go before I'm back to my pre-holiday weight, and you know what? I'm still not sorry I gained so much. :p I had oodles of fun when I was away, and, more importantly, I learnt some good lessons about what not to do the next time my routine is interrupted.

Ali has a really good point here. Well, several. Use this as a guide to think about what you might want to do differently in the future! Don't let it depress you, let it be a learning experience!