Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:09 AM   #76  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Stacy: thanks for the tip on ticker updating. I can't believe I didn't think of just changing the numbers in the signature. Sometimes I think this diet business is sucking my attention span (what there was of it to begin with) right out of me.

Laramie: I had the same kind of night last night. I've been sticking to plan and exercising, but the scale is not moving and neither are my measurements, so I said 'screw it' last night and ate pizza. I was still within my calories for the day, but nutritionally speaking I could have done a *lot* better. So today is a fresh start of sorts, and I'm hoping to stop focusing on the scale so much by keeping myself off it for awhile.

AquaChick: What is it with night time and pasta? I have done that more times than I can count in the past, though I don't have a husband to catch me. I always feel so bloated after I eat pasta, too. But last night I gave in and had pizza and this morning I feel sluggish and awful, so hopefully that will be enough incentive to say no to the pizza next time. Which is why I'm trying to make it all about getting healthy rather than getting thin. Hopefully we can both keep that in mind and make better choices for our bodies in the future.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #77  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo
AquaChick: What is it with night time and pasta? I have done that more times than I can count in the past, though I don't have a husband to catch me. I always feel so bloated after I eat pasta, too. But last night I gave in and had pizza and this morning I feel sluggish and awful, so hopefully that will be enough incentive to say no to the pizza next time. Which is why I'm trying to make it all about getting healthy rather than getting thin. Hopefully we can both keep that in mind and make better choices for our bodies in the future.

I have no idea. I guess it's the Pied Piper of foods.

I bet I had a crazy look on my face when I saw my husband. Something to the tune of :

Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #78  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Oh my pasta, yep did that last night for dinner but then i actually kept it to one plate and ended up eating more sweet corn than i normally do. Poor BF was appalled that there were more mushrooms then meat. Well first week down 4 pounds, not sure if there is a specific day to do that on this thread. Currently only working on one thing a week to improve and this last week was my water intake as I really suck at it sometimes. In retrospect it shouldn't be that hard with the heat we have been having. This week definitely working on portion size and cutting out the chocolate.
Well Have a great day all and i hope to post more this week and get to know more of you.
Anna
Old 07-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #79  
Caroline

Congratulations on your four pounds, Anna!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #80  

Default Good Evening

Hi everyone I hope everyone had a good day.
It was hot here on the east coast. I am going to bed early tonight... a little tired, and can't stop thinking about food. I had a great day, emotionally, physically, eating, and exercise. I ate well all day, as I stated before, I took my walk and did weights.

Stacy: I hear you on the work thing... although I am having a terrible time staying motivated to work... I work alot at home. We can only do what we can.

Aqua: I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with control... that has been a big one for me too. I have been trying to have lo cal snacks ready and meals planned. good luck, hang in there. As for your hubby... it is hard for anyone to understand what we go thru... my ex hubby would say that I blew his mind... I wanted to lose weight, but I would over eat... he did not understand. I also hope you are healing well with your heart. It sounds like you have alot going on... hang in there. Stay strong.

Caroline... It is so hard not to focus on the scale, try to focus on how you feel. Maybe put the scale in your car for a few days. I love it when the batteries die in mine... no stepping on it more than once everyday.... hang in there.

Anna: 4 lbs...... That is so great. Great idea on focusing on one thing at a time... Keep up the great work.

Woodsprite: I have thought about the surgery myself, but I never did anything about it. I do know anything about it. I bet there is some type of support forum on this site that might be able to answer some questions. Good luck... with your decision. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Well, I am off to bed, so I can get up for my morning walk. talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:11 PM   #81  

Thanks Merrick.

I'm still in the game today, no control issues, so this has been good!
As far as my heart goes, I hope it is healing well too. I think it is fine, but I will know 100% in August. I just had my procedure in May, so even though it was minor it is still fresh. I am never sure if certain things are due to weight or due to the procedure. I'm sure it is fine, and when the weight goes t will be even better.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #82  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone. Just a quick check in before I go to bed.

I had a fairly good day. I couldn't bring myself to go to work water aerobics. The chlorine is doing horrible, painful things to my skin. But I did to the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile. WITH the hand weights.

I understand late night binging all too well. I my case it's like an overwhelming, frantic thing. There have been times when I wasn't anywhere near hungry but felt an almost compulsive need to eat. Good gracious. It's almost like we're dealing with drugs instead of food.

I've actually turned I the sound off the microwave, so my husband couldn't hear the "ding". We live in an apartment, so he would easily be able to hear it in the bedroom. Then I'd hope that he wouldn't wake up and smell the food. It's crazy the way our minds work, isn't it? That secret eating is so ingrained in me that it's hard deprogram.

All I can say is we should keep plugging away at trying to loss weight and helping each other. I really believe this soul bearing of ours is a good thing. It's a healing thing, I think. Meanwhile, I've been considering Overeater's Anonymous lately. There are lots of online meetings. I'll have to duck in one day.

Sorry I didn't address everyone individually, but it's bedtime. And I'm sleepy.

Goodnight everyone!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #83  
oh to be this graceful

Thistoo,
2 cents worth, I used to be called thew pizza queen at work, working night shift and ordering out alot, Then the pizza started getting to me so i changed to healthier foods like bringing yogurt and stuff regularily, hmm still bloated, turned out i was lactose intolerant, no big surprise there as 3 members in my family are also the same way. Hopefully this is not the case though something worth thinking about with dairy products. BTW i was really thick in the head when the realization occured as it took me ohhh about 6 months to figure it out, Doc even tried me on prilosec for awhile thinking it was an acid thing, heehee, I am getting used to more soy now, though I stilll crave real cheese on occasion. okay I am rambling again. Oh for a grilled cheese sandwich.

AquaChick, I am sorry your not feeling good at times, my thoughts to you

Merrick thanks for the kudos, I love the smilies
Okay Ladies, i am off to work, sweet dreams all
Anna
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #84  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amany
I've actually turned I the sound off the microwave, so my husband couldn't hear the "ding". We live in an apartment, so he would easily be able to hear it in the bedroom. Then I'd hope that he wouldn't wake up and smell the food. It's crazy the way our minds work, isn't it? That secret eating is so ingrained in me that it's hard deprogram.
It *is* crazy. And kind of sad, that there are so many of us who are forced to eat in secret. This has always been a huge problem for me as well, as I come from a family of secret binge eaters and it makes everyone uncomfortable to talk about food and weight issues. But I've found that what works best for me so far in controlling the binge urge is to do exactly the opposite of what I used to do -- now I talk about my food intake all the time.

My family is probably sick of it, honestly, but if I announce how many calories I've had and how many calories I'm eating and calculate how many more I have right there for everyone to hear, it not only keeps me accountable, but makes me feel like everyone else knows I'm being accountable.

Most likely I'm just being annoying, but it's working and I haven't been sneaking into the kitchen late at night, so I'm going to keep doing it until someone tells me to shut up ; ) Speaking of which, I should get to bed before my stomach decides it's time to eat. Today was a good day and I don't want to ruin that by staying up too late.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #85  

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was a complete success! I went to a craft store for a while and kept busy, and it really worked. I kept having an urge to get up out of bed- but I stayed in bed. YAY!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #86  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday Ladies! I am so far behind in posts its not even funny. Didn't get here yesterday like I'd planned and you guys were busy busy busy posting! It's great to see! Now I just gotta read up on what you've all been up to.

I haven't been feeling so hot the last day or so. TOM is here and kicking my tush. I HATE this! I don't ever get food cravings, its just I feel sick-dizzy and no energy & lovely back pain. Ugh, it sux to be a girl sometimes!

Also, been feeling pretty down in regards to our living situation. I have never disliked anyone as much as I do the two morons who live above us. It's not a great feeling to have and quite honestly it is exhausting. I have an anxiety disorder that I had been on meds for but decided to go off them about 3 months ago just cause I HATE taking pills. I had been managing pretty good on my own until all this garbage started. I have attacks several times a day and my dh is begging me to go back on medication. Not such an easy decision for me tho', I hate the way they made me feel, almost numb like? Also, I had flushing so badly that the tiniest bit of exertion and I felt like I was drenched. Awful!!!! Also, why should I have to go thru all that while they carry on up there with not a care in the world??? No, we'll either sue them or our landlord to get out of our lease, but I am not drugging myself up to keep everyone else happy. Why should I? I was doing just fine until they came along! Argh! You guys are probably so tired of hearing me carry on about this. My dh thinks I am so over the top with the drama about it all, but he doesnt have to deal with it all day long like I do. So aggravating!!! Times like this make me want to eat everything carby and sweet. Emotional eating stinks!

Oh well, so now I'll shut up and go do some reading and check on what you guys have been doing! Just wanted to pop in and say I'm alive and still with the program on my end.

Be good to you~

♥danielle
Old 07-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #87  

Talking

Hi everyone,
Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors... I know that all too well. I had people renting the house across the street, the landlord lived out of state. They were terrible, in the summer they would swear, scream, alot of domestic violence... the girlfriend would leave with her kids, a week later she would come back. They did not fit in this neighborhood, it is very quiet, beachy, there are only 4 houses on my street. It was so crazy. hang in there... if at any time it gets out of control call the police... having multiple police calls will help in court. Good luck

Amanda: I was also a food sneaker, but like Caroline stated, I worked really hard not to. I remember when I first started, I would eat what ever I wanted in front of my family... I thought for sure I was going to be judged... or killed. But nothing happened. It got easier after a while. I would even tell someone what I ate, just be accountable. It is not easy, but it is better. Food, is like our drug... of choice. It is mine. I know a women who had tremendous success at OA... I tried it one time but I cried for so long after... they were all talking about it being everyone elses fault... too hard for me. That is ok, I have acutally thought of going to a different meeting...

Aqua: great job, that is so awesome, keep up the good work.

Anna: Oh I hear you on the grill cheese, in the winter I love grilled cheese and tomato soup... There should be at least one good soy or veggie cheese that is ok????

Well, my day was ok. My exercise was good, I walked 2 miles and did yoga. but my eating... I have so hungry all day. I think it is because I forgot to have breakfast and then had a bar... go lean. they are ok, but I was tooooo hungry. I have to get better at breakfast and writing down my food. I am afraid that I have been eating more than I should... you know that thought... I exercised today... therefore, I can eat all that I want.... NOT... well i am going to go for now... Can't wait to hear about all the success. Enjoy your evening.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #88  
oh to be this graceful

Hi All,
Merrick, yes i have tried alot of the soy cheeses that are offered in our little area, though I have never heard of veggie cheese, hmm now that could work yummmm tomoato soup, okay enough food , I did find a milk that is close called dairyease, and another called lactaid , soy milk on brown sugar shredded wheat was just aweful and it makes terrible pudding, y the time i added another package of pudding it was so sweet yes even the sf kind it took me forever to eat it and i ended up tossing most of it.

oooo the thunder is beginning to roll here again, what a great sound after weeks of no rain

Danielle, I am sorry about your neighbor problem , even living in the country I have a set of neighbors i would trade. a bunch of 40 year old adolescents that have a hard rock band 3 days a week, in the evening ummm i like music but there are limits. though in your case calling the police would be a good idea, especially living so close to them. good luck i hope tomorrow is better for you

Aquachick , what kind of crafts are you into? interested in hearing about new projects. if your anything like me i have about 10 going at once and i might even finish a couple this year hope your day is going well

well ladies I really have to get some sleep though reading the posts are alot more interesting. Take care
Anna
Old 07-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #89  
Caroline

Danielle, we are not sick of hearing about your frustrations. That's what we're here for. If I were you I'd start calling the cops on their sorry behinds every time the noise is unbearable. There are laws about noise levels, after all.

Anna: Soy cheese is pretty gross, isn't it? It doesn't melt right and it tastes funny. I developed a taste for soy milk eventually, but I never could adjust to the cheese. If you have a natural grocery store nearby, check and see if they have any rice cheese. I know it sounds weird, but it's the closest non-dairy alternative I've found. I had big problems with lactose until I gave up meat, so I've shopped around some for dairy alternatives.

As for me, today's been a good day. I got on the scale this morning, and while it's not my official weigh-in day so I didn't change my ticker, the scale finally dipped below 230! I'm at 229.4 and hoping to stay there. I know it might fluctuate back up, but for now I'm going to cling to that lovely 229 : )
Old 07-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #90  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Caroline! I'm so glad to hear you had another great day! Thanks for listening to my whining today. lol I am just not cut out for communal living I guess. Either that, or I'm just to dang old to live like this! There are days where they're rather quiet and then it seems right when it nears bed time, the heavy walking starts, the dog gets revved up and the pow-wowing on the balcony has to start. Like I said, I don't get it! The owner has talked to my husband on numerous occassions apologizing profusely, claiming that he does not want to be "that neighbor", and then they turn around and do stuff over & over. He won't even attempt to talk to me, never has, even when I've been with my husband. My dh thinks he's afraid of me! Well, I would be afraid of me too at this point!
Remember to get that brekky in in the a.m.! It's funny how it never seems important until you really start watching what you're eating, huh? I always used to skip it but now I look forward to it. I think because I know if I eat it, I won't be starved by noon. GREAT JOB on the exercise lady!! Also, yes, you do need to be mindful of exercise vs. how much you're eating. If you're doing lots of workouts you DO need to make sure your calories will match so you don't get too hungry. You're doing fabulous!

Aqua- YAY for you! WTG on having another fantastic day under your belt! I read about "getting caught" by your dh. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've been there!!! While he doesn't ever say anything about my weight, I can still see it in his eyes when he sees me eating what I shouldn't. They just don't get it do they? I'm so glad to hear you've moved on and are on your way to good health.

thistoo- I think what you're doing with sharing your food with the family is wonderful. Like I posted before I grew up with a very skinny mom, always on one diet or another, told I was fat. Learning to eat in private was a must for me! I have one sister who has somewhat of a weight problem but has a myriad of health problems, and 2 others who are skinny as can be. I think their main focus growing up is they didnt want to look like me. I am thankful that I don't live close enough to my mom to "share" my healthy eating with because after awhile she grows bored and then really starts to sabotage. You'd never believe it until you saw it!! I'm grateful that I do have a husband who desperately tries to understand, even tho' in the end he really just doesn't. Now I concentrate on just teaching my children about clean healthy eating and to move their bodies. And more importantly: That they are lovely just as they are right now at this moment! I swore I would never carry on the legacy that was given to me growing up and so far I think I've done a pretty damn good job. *excuse me while I break my arm patting my back*.....
I hope you've had another awesome day chica!

Amany- Are you sure we don't share the same brain? Your views on bingeing, and mine are too much alike it's scary. I agree, food is our drug unfortunately. I get the same frantic feeling that I've gotta eat and there is no reason for me to be hungry. Listening to my body has been the biggest hurdle to overcome. Mental tapes in my head are negative ones, something I work on turning around! Any one who binges, understands the need to become secretive and very creative in order to get their eat on. One thing I absolutely love about low carbing-- I forget to eat and the obsessiveness disappears! I thought about O/A but have always been too chicken! More power to you lady if you do it.

Anna, how ya doing chicky? I hope you had a great day today.

Stacy, Laramie- Girls, how ya doing? Stacy, doesn't your boss know that you gotta spend time with us before you work? Laramie, let us know if you find out info on GBS. I wish you nothing but the best lady!

Anyone I missed, I am truly sorry! Trying to write here and watch dinner at the same time! I can barely chew gum & walk, so girls, please forgive me if I left someone out!

Have a great night ladies!!!!!

♥danielle
Closed Thread