Old 07-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #16  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I am definitely tolerating it better this summer than in previous years. I've always been a sweat-er, but this year I have hardly broke a sweat! In fact the other day, I "did" start sweating and that's when it occurred to me that it felt funny, since I hardly ever sweat any more. I hate to hear that my body might adjust to it. I love not being so HOT!!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #17  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I definitely cope with the heat a lot better. I was just out in Spain with my family (who live there). I used to be bigger than my mum, and we'd sweat a similar amount. This time I noticed that she'd be sweating when I was sitting quite comfortably outside, and that sometimes she'd need to move to somewhere with more of a breeze while I sat in a real sun-trap. I remember that I used to need to get into the pool really often to cool down because I was so hot, whereas this time I was sitting there wondering whether it was warm enough to swim!

The main disadvantage is when it's cold - I've really started feeling that a lot worse too!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #18  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I can tolerate heat much much much better now. I'd say my comfort zone is a good 10 degrees warmer now. Of course that means bundling up 10 months of the year here in the PNW I'm not complaining though. I'd rather grab a sweater than feel like I was going to pass out whenever the temp hit 80.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

I've never been one who got too hot, they always tease me at work because I'm cold when everyone else is hot, but I know from past experience that when I lose weight I definately get cold easier and am comfortable in higher heat. This summer has been extremely hot in Oregon, this weekend we are supposed to hit 105 which honestly I'm not sure I've ever seen a temperature that high in the valley and I've lived here for 38 years. Even just losing 32 pounds has helped me tolerate it better than I would've before losing anything.

Energy levels I can't really say, because I am a horrible insomniac so I am often tired simply because my sleep patterns are awful, no matter what size I am. I do know though that it is sooo much easier to do more active things when I lose weight, so I am looking forward to that!! Next time I have to walk all over Disneyland with my kids I don't want to be lugging around an extra 150 pounds (like carrying another person on my back the entire time!!).
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote