Marathon in 2007!

• Ok.. just in case you all were wondering if I was "really" crazy.. I just committed (no pun intended) to running the San Diego RNR Marathon in a year from now, June 2007. Since 1999, I've been a member of this running group which also has walkers. Up to now, I've been a walker. And, I could walk the marathon, but I think I will try to run it. This marathon has a special meaning for me. I have a brother who lives in San Diego who also struggles with his weight and he actually did run this race once. And, the alot of people from the group are signing on to run it as a way to encourage a member from SD who is struggling with cancer. So, now you'll see weekly weigh-ins AND mile-ins for me!

All the best,
  • This is fantastic! Way to make a BIG commitment to your health and to yourself. Good luck w/ your training and keep us posted.
  • What a star! Yes, definitely keep us updated with your progress.
  • You should check out this book called "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer", or any other book like it. I bought it online for like twelve dollars and it has been really inspirational for me, because it gives a lot of helpful tips and personal stories. They have a preliminary training guide that builds up to you being able to jog 30 minutes comfortably. For instance, if you are a walker you can even start with walking the 30 minutes first and then it gives you something more challenging to do the next week.
    -Olivia
  • I have decided to do a half marathon in Oct...a full just seems a bit much for me but that would be the next natural goal I suppose! Check out some of the runners' threads in the exercise section.

The Rock-N-Roll marathon in SD is HUGE! You will have a good time.
  • That is great!! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
  • Thanks you guys!

Hey, Babycatcher, where are you doing the half-marathon?