Leaving longtime lurkdom

• Hi All -

I'm finally making the leap from lurker to member. It's been a looong time coming and I'm glad to finally be here. I truly do need to be here and I've lurked long enough to see how wise and supportive everyone on this forum is. I've already learned so much and hope to contribute as much "good stuff" as I've gotten. I'll post a profile but just briefly: I started my weight loss journey in June 2002 and went from 253 to 189 lbs. I've since bounced back up to between 200-205 lbs. and have maintained in this range for over a year. My goal is 150 but I haven't made any progress toward the "second half" of my journey in far too long. I'm here and ready to move forward now.

Looking forward to being part of this amazing group!
  • We are so glad you broke free! Welcome. Don't be afraid to post,as you already know, not one person here is judgemental, we are all in the same damn boat! So you had a little blip in the road, big deal. Get back on the horse and move on. You know what needs to be done. Don't beat yourself up. Just move on down the trail. Again, welcome!
  • the people here are wonderful. Lots of great support. I lurked forever.. im glad im OUT! im sure you will be too...
  • ::waves::

I'm new too, and very glad to be here. I've found more support here in the past week than I've found anywhere else *ever*, so I'm really glad we're both here : ) Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Quote: My goal is 150 but I haven't made any progress toward the "second half" of my journey in far too long. I'm here and ready to move forward now.
    You've maintained a 50 pound loss! I'd say that is progress toward the second half of your journey!! Maintainance is what it is about.

Wishing you the best to getting closer to your second goal.

Jayde
  • Post lots so we get to know you.
  • to you! I'm so pleased you decided to join us. Participating is much more rewarding than lurking.

Maintaining a 53 pound loss is smashing, and I look forward to reading about more of your successes as you continue your journey.
  • Well welcome to the member side of the board Everyone here is really supportive and great! Have fun!
  • I LOVE to see lurkers join us!!!!!! I think this community becomes more effective when you can participate fully!

And congrats on maintaining a large weight loss - that's no mean feat, you know!
  • I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Thank you all (or, as we say in Texas, "y'all") for the warm welcome and encouragement! It already feels better to be an "ex-lurker"!
  • Ya I love to see the lurkers join in too! So glad you are here, and congrats on maintaining the 50 pound loss!
  • to the group! Post often so we can get to know you!
  • Welcome to 3FC's 100 Club. Congrats on the losses and we'll help you with the gain. Your going to do great!!!