Old 06-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Where's the beef?

So I not only trying to stay away from high calorie foods.. I also want to get good quality foods - from what I understand they taste better. I know alot of people have talked about the taste of natural meat (ie. corn feed animals) Today I bought some natural meat. This is the company: http://www.creekstonefarmspremiumbeef.com Do you think it's worth it? I'm not into it because I'm a animal lover (if I was - I wouldn't be eating it in the first place) Is better quality meat, including chicken - better for you - and better tasting? No hormones are used it.

I'd love it hear some input... thanks!

btw... the ground beef was 93/7 and was $3.99/lb
oh and the company was 1 of 5 US companies approved by Europe - that have stricker standards.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Well, that price is comperable to the 93/7 I buy at my usual grocery store- I actually looked in the "where to by" and found that there is a place in town... I might have to try it myself. If the price is similar, I'd just as well go with the "cleaner" meat- and just because I have no qualms about eating meat doesn't mean that I care about the animals having the most humane treatment possible. I lived each in Nebraska and Arkansas for a long time, and saw a few things that I'm always careful to not think about on beef or chicken nights...
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I prefer corn fed no hormone beef. Yes, I think it tastes better but I also think that the hormones they put in beef is really really scary.

I also prefer free range organic chicken and eggs because it taste better.

Most of all, I don't buy anything other than organic milk... because it taste like MILK and not white water.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

A tip I gleaned at a Weight Watcher meeting was to get london broil and have a butcher grind it. I recently bought some on sale at $1.99 a lb., and I've never been able to find the really lean stuff that inexpensive. It's also only 7% fat.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote