3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Remove the choice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/87877-remove-choice.html)

Sandi 06-27-2006 09:04 AM

Remove the choice

Ok, so as I flounder through my journey, I keep "meaning" to exercise. Monday I am going back to the YMCA...then no action. I can't seem to make myself exercise (or eat right for that matter). So yesterday I asked my mom to join a Aqua Fitness class at the YMCA. It's twice a week. Now I don't think twice a week is enough, but is a heck of alot more than I am doing right now. Plus, it removes the choice. If mom is expecting me, you better believe I will go. It's good for her and it's good for me. What it's not good for is my family. 6:00 - 6:45. Right at dinner-time. I have never taken this class before because it wasn't at a good time. But, I know I need to be healthier and being 6 feet under is less convienent that being gone during dinner twice a week!! The next session doesn't start until July 10th but it's a start!! :)

40poundsago 06-27-2006 09:36 AM

I agree with removing the choice. That is what my friend and I did, now I usually work out one day a week by myself. We picked mornings, and she has a very busy life, so I just suck it up and go Monday mornings with out her. and I pry get more of a work out that day then I do the days she is there. haha! but I used to get so mad at her for not coming.

newfiedarling 06-27-2006 09:45 AM

That's awesome Sandi - if I were to pick one class to take it would definately be a swimming class. Let us know how you enjoy it.

~Dee

nelie 06-27-2006 10:43 AM

We all struggle from time to time. The hardest time I have is after I have a break in routine. After my recent trip and recent engagement, exercise wasn't really on the list. Sunday I had a thought "hey today would be a good for the gym", so then I went to the gym. Yesterday, I had the same thought and today I have my gym bag packed. This weekend, I'm having another break in my routine as I go on another trip.

dragonwoman64 06-27-2006 10:46 AM

I have to admit that with every exercise I've done, it has been way less than what anyone would call "the right level." When I started the gym, I went slowly. Sometimes I would feel guilty about that, thinking I wasn't putting enough into it. I still feel that way sometimes. At the same time I'm doing way more exercise now than I ever thought I would, and it's something I built up over time.

We eat dinner an hour later on Wednesdays, and on weekends I have to plan around the gym time. That's a pain. But I agree with you, it's less of a pain than the alternative.

trishn222 06-27-2006 10:48 AM

I just got back from my water aerobics class. I LOVE IT!!!!! I think you will to. I have been doing water aerobics off and on for years and am seriously addicted. I find that if I do one thing of exersise a day I find ways to do more. I end up usually exersising a lot more if I make a concentrated effort to do something in the way of exersise. I think I like the chemicals it releases for me and I just feel so much better all the time. Good job on making yourself make a commitment. With mine I have to buy a pass for 10 times. Then I am commited because I have already paid for it. I also buy a new pass before I let the other one run out, then it is also there waiting for me and I need to use it also.

Trish

ScarlettDrawl 06-27-2006 12:00 PM

I hope you like that class! I did something like that (at the Y) with my mom a couple years back and I loved it. :)

DishyFishy 06-27-2006 12:28 PM

Good on you for making that commitment, Sandi! Let us know how you get on.

Sheila53 06-27-2006 01:11 PM

:bravo: for making the commitment to exercise! I hope you enjoy water aerobics as much as I do. What helps me to exercise is to make sure I pack my gym bag or my swimming bag (depending on what's on my to-do list for exercise that day) and put it right by the door.

Jen 06-27-2006 01:44 PM

Sandi, that's great that you are taking this class. Don't feel guilty that your family will have to fend for themselves 2 days a week at supper time. They can manage...even if is cereal or soup and sandwiches.

Charbar 06-27-2006 02:23 PM

Hey there Sandi!!

I think I would do a water class. That way if I wanted/needed a break no one around me would know.. hehe

Have fun with it.. and with your Mom.

Dana

MelodyL 06-27-2006 10:49 PM

That's great that you're mom is doing it with you, and I agree that it will probably make it easier to stay committed to it. Let us know how you like it!!

Raelynn 06-27-2006 11:32 PM

I agree, having someone to go with makes it easier. I think an aquasize class would be so much fun, I've always wanted to do one.