3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (June 12-18) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/86785-weekly-journal-buddy-thread-june-12-18-a.html)

jillybean720 06-13-2006 06:24 AM

Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (June 12-18)

Alright, these seem to keep disappearing, but I'm going to keep trying to post my food. My weekend was a mess food-wise because of family events (graduation party for Jeff's cousin), so starting anew this week.

Monday:
  • leftover potato salad (okay, not the best way to start anew :dizzy: )
  • oatmeal
  • pbj sandwich
  • sunflower seeds
  • 2 turkey burgers w/Swiss cheese and onion on light wheat buns
  • corn on the cob (1 small frozen ear)
It didn't seem like much food, but it came to about 1530 calories.

Tuesday:
  • whole wheat pita w/light cream cheese and strawberries
  • oatmeal
  • SmartOnes frozen meal
  • PBJ sandwich
  • I'm thinking homemade salad bar for dinner (lettuce, spinach, chicken, cheese, egg, croutons, bacon bits, onion, cucumber, ff dressing)...then I'll have leftovers for the rest of the week, too ;)
Should come to about 1200 calories, I'm estimating (only estimating dinner--I know the rest) :^:

nelie 06-13-2006 09:10 AM

Jill! Good job starting.

I've been writing my food down lately but for the last couple days, I've been slacking so I have to do this from memory.

Monday:
Exercise:
20 mins exercise bike
Lower body weight workout

Food:
Protein shake - protein powder, water, 2 strawberries
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 strawberry
1/2 cup brown rice, 5 walnut pieces, 10 raisins, 1/4 cup of unsweetened soymilk
1/2 cup mixed nuts, 10 raisins
1 cup of mixed cut veggies (carrots, red bell pepper, cucumber, celery), 1 laughing cow cheese wedge
Protein shake - protein powder, water, 1 tbsp peanut butter
4 oz steak, 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup hominy, 1/2 cup brown rice, grilled yellow squash, grilled bell pepper
2 squares of dark chocolate (110 calories total), 1 tsp peanut butter

I'll post todays food later. It'll probably look bad on paper as dinner is pizza :) It is actually pretty healthy pizza as far as pizza goes.

SuchAPrettyFace 06-13-2006 12:31 PM

I'm feeling under the weather

yesterday:

1 cup peach tea, hot & unsweetened

just a few ounces of decaf & an ice cube

6 low sodium triscuits
1 can healthy request chicken rice soup
1 can tuna in olive oil
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
pineapple juice from can over ice cubes

2 slices plum tomato cheese pizza
1 cup rotini w/smart balance margarine & a sprinkle of spinach herb seasoning

1-3 gulps pomegranate cranberry juice

barely finished my gallon of water

1 20 ounce bottle limeade

today:
1 can peach fresca
nursing a gallon of water
1 small cup decaf w/1 tbsp half & half & a sprinkle or two of sweet & low

1 bag of bugles from vending machine
1 yellow apple
2 tbsp peanut butter

2 MSF breakfast patties
2 cups brown rice
1 serving italian ranch dressing

1 bag bugles
1 butterfinger ice cream bar :kickcan:

i am hungry but do not know what i want aside from popsicles. :(

jillybean720 06-13-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie
It'll probably look bad on paper as dinner is pizza :) It is actually pretty healthy pizza as far as pizza goes.

Mmm...pizza...we've gotten into the bad habit of ordering Pizza Hut almost every weekend :o However, to try to curb this, I bought a few whole-wheat Boboli pizza crusts so I can make pizza with my own reduced-fat cheese and lower-sodium sauce and turkey pepperoni. Still very yummy, but I'm sure about 10 times healthier (even though I think the Boboli crust has HFCS in it, but considering the alternative, I think I'll survive ;) ).

I'm not going back to that organic vs. non-organic forum--I think I've gotten myself in enough trouble there--but I did notice you were from MD, which is close by, and I wanted to respond to you. I have never heard of Magruder's, so I am assuming there isn't one nearby. I have stopped at the Trader Joe's closest to me, but I wouldn't buy any of their produce because it all just looked so icky/not fresh. I was quite disappointed as I've heard lots of people talk about Trader Joe's, and I only walked out of there with a box of cereal and some whole-wheat hamburger buns :dizzy: I think maybe the TJ's here just happens to be a bad one. I'll have to check the one out in Centreville (about 30 miles from home) when I'm out there for my TOPS meeting on Thursday night--that one was just built last year and looks MUCH larger than the one near my office.

nelie 06-13-2006 01:38 PM

Jill,

I was just thinking to myself the other day wondering if Boboli made whole wheat crusts. I was also thinking of maybe trying whole wheat pita bread as a pizza crust. There is a pizza place near me that has probably the healthiest restaurant pizza I've ever had. They even offer a fat free version which I've never seen. Pizza toppings include broccoli and spinach as well as your standard pizza toppings.

Magruder's doesn't do organic as far as I know but their prices are awesome which is why I mentioned them. It looks like they do have one in Alexandria.
http://www.magruders.com/templatesst...ocationmap.htm

As far as Trader Joe's goes, I don't always buy produce there but sometimes. I did go the other day and it must've been the day before they restocked because the produce did not look so good. So it might've been a bad day. I buy my unsweetened soymilk and my nonfat plain yogurt from Trader Joes. I also buy pasta and a few other things there.

mindydaisy 06-14-2006 12:22 AM

Hi Guys, I haven't posted in awhile, how have you all been? I have been so busy with work, side work and family I haven't had much time for myself. But I'm here now :D...

Monday
apple and a glass of chocolate soy milk
bowl of chicken tortilla soup
15 almonds
1/2 a hambuger
side salad

32 oz. water
1 dr. pepper

didn't make it to the gym

Tuesday
apple and a glass of chocolate soy milk
12 almonds
salad that I made with a bunch of goodies
1 lemon bar
bowl of Thai soup

32 oz. water
thai iced tea
ice tea

I made it to the gym today

Over all I did pretty good the last couple of days, since I blew it at my cousin's weddings this weekend I need to be good suring the week. Talk to everyone soon - Mindy

jillybean720 06-14-2006 05:51 AM

Well, yesterday was a bit of a mess :p I ended up having:
  • pita w/cream cheese and strawberries
  • PBJ sandwich
  • 4 Subway cookies
  • 2 Subway chicken teriyaki wraps (the 2 wraps had fewer calories than a 12" sub--only about 50 more than just a 6" sub!)
  • entire jar of pineapple chunks (label says "about 6" servings per container)
Came to 2294 calories for the day :o I was going to stop at the store and get some groceries on my way home, but then I ended up working pretty late, so it just wasn't happening (hence the Subway for dinner). Plus, I was hungry, so I ended up getting 6 cookies and eating 3 in the car on the way home plus one with my dinner (over 200 calories a pop!). Today will be better--hopefully, I actually WILL get to stop at the store today, as has been my intention every day so far this week :dizzy:

Nelie--I can't believe I've never heard of Magruder's, especially since I actually live pretty close to Annandale, and I see there's one there, too. I hear people rave about Wegman's, but that's so far out of my way because the closest one is out in Fairfax. If only traffic were never an issue :P

nelie 06-14-2006 10:27 AM

Yesterday was a hungry day and today appears to be another hungry day. I hope this trend doesn't continue :)

Tuesday - (no exercise)
Protein shake (1 scoop protein powder, 2 strawberries, psyllium husk powder, water)
1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 strawberries
1/2 cup brown rice, 10 raisins, 1/4 cup soy milk, 5 walnuts, cinnamon
Ham sandwich (2 pieces of 100% whole wheat bread, 2 slices of ham, mustard)
4 oz steak, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup hominy, grilled veggies (yellow squash, bell pepper)
1 cup of mixed veggies (cucumbers, celery, carrots, red bell peppers), 1 wedge laughing cow cheese
1/3 cup mixed nuts, 10 raisins
1 slice pizza (tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage, olives)
salad (butter lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, red bell peppers, 1 tbsp lf honey dijon dressing)
protein shake (protein powder, 2 strawberries, 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, water)
1 slice ham

SuchAPrettyFace 06-14-2006 10:49 PM

Mostly liquids today. I am still sick. Went to the doctor & had to update my ticker. :(

i ate a turtle nut bar :(
i ate some garlic bread
i ate some mushroom stuffed spinach ravioli-things
i ate half a meatball
i ate two popsicles
i drank some orange juice
i drank some hot lemonade with honey mixed in
i drank my water (1 gallon)

SuchAPrettyFace 06-15-2006 03:00 PM

I have rededicated. Even when it's awful, I am going to post. I'm tired of the 300's. I'm tired of going up & down. I'm tired of not exercising, believe it or not!!! :eek:

today:

pills. lots of pills. zithromax, tolvaptan, tylenol, and lisnopril. can't take my vitamin or iron pills until dinnertime.

1 grape popsicle
8 ounces minute maid 100% orange juice (no pulp, fortified with vitamins to help my immune system)

1 liter raspberry flavored seltzer water
1 cherry popsicle
water, of course

1 cucumber, sliced
5 radishes (store them in water or they will dry out)
1/4 cup raw broccoli
1/2 cup raw cauliflower
12-15 anchovy stuffed olives
1 serving garlic caesar salad dressing
2 sticks lowfat string cheese
1 orange popsicle

8 oz lemonade
another small drink of orange juice

1 carton yoplait thick & creamy raspberry yogurt