Old 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I like scrambled egg wraps. Eggbeaters, whole wheat tortilla, lots of salsa and a few spinach leaves.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

One of my favorites is what I call breakfast fajitas. When we make fajitas for dinner (really low fat by the way) I make extra veggies. I store them and then for a few days take out some of the veggies and scramble with an egg then wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla. YUM YUM
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 5'6"

My breakfast every morning includes one egg, a fat-free cheddar kraft single, and either cottage cheese or turkey. I just put the egg in a bowl, beat it, microwave that for about 1:45. Then put the cottage cheese or turkey on that, put the slice of cheese on top and microwave again for 0:45. The cheese will have melted, and if you fold it over it makes a really tasty omelet. I pair it with some oatmeal, and I'm full for hours.
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #19  
undeniably moby

I actually did eggs for breakfast this morning for the first time in awhile. I toasted an English muffin and spritzed it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, then added an overeasy egg and a crisp slice of bacon. I had a nice slice of canteloupe and a cup of coffee on the side, and I'll tell you -- it was the yummiest breakfast I've had in awhile and it came in under 300 calories.

I generally don't bother with eggs during the week, since I usually grab oatmeal and some fruit when I get to work, but this morning was definitely a nice weekend treat.
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #20  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hard-cooked eggs are another of my favorites. And they're easy to tuck into my bag to take to work for a portable breakfast.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I just tried adding an egg white to my husband's 'sausage cheese muffin' this morning. It was so easy to scramble up and add -- great source of protein!

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #22  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I myself do the egg beaters thing...but that's cause my cholesterol is high and I HAVE to lower it.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #23  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Eggs for breakfast rules!!!

I like to poach them in the microwave. Put a little bit of water in a plate/bowl (one of those combos that you can use as either/or), and a few drops of olive oil. Crack eggs into it, poke a hole in yolks w/fork & season w/salt free seasoning of your choice. I like McCormick's salt free garlic & herb. Microwave anywhere from 3-3.5 minutes, depending on how you like the yolks. Some whole grain toast & you've got a good meal.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #24  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I like my eggs for breakfast either fried over lightly or medium-boiled. I grew up with the boiled eggs thing, though I haven't met many others who eat their eggs that way. Put eggs in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, take it off the heat and let it sit in the water 3-5 minutes. run cold tap water over the egg to cool it down enough to open it. The English use an egg-topper to cut off the top of hte egg, then use a spoon to scoop it out and eat it directly like that. I use a knife to crack the egg in two, then use a spoon to scoop it out into a bowl with a bit of butter and salt and pepper. Yum! With buttered whole wheat toast to sop up the more liquidy bits, its definite comfort food for me. And SO easy and cheap.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I love boiled eggs too but I like them after they've been boiled 30 minutes or so I don't like any juice though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace
poke a hole in yolks w/fork.
So is that the secret to keeping the eggs from exploding in the microwave? I've been having "fried" eggs by taking a square bowl (it's really small) and putting two eggs in it. I put it in the microwave for a minute, turn and then about 30 seconds. I normally like my yolks runny but have been cooking them because of the pregnancy.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #27  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Just had an egg & cheese wrap for breakfast...Yum. I ran across this article and thought I'd post it here regarding the cholesterol issue: Reevaluating eggs' cholesterol risks. They make the point that not all cholesterol is bad. It reminds me of all the strict low-fat diets people used to stay on until the good fats were distinguished from the unhealthy fats.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

My sister sent me an egg omlet idea recently.Place egg(shake up egg to mix) and all ingredients into a quart sized freezer bag,remove all air and seal.Place into a pot of boiling water for 13 minutes and voila...a perfect omlet.This way you can prepare the bag the night before and have it ready to go the next morning.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #29  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Those work very well. I like to whisk the egg with a fork before putting it in the bag; it makes the egg cook up fluffier. Give it a good shake and squish before popping it in the water. I did these with plain zip-seal bags, not even freezer bags.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote