Old 01-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #1  
A 6'1" Amazon and Proud!!

Default Vitamins?

Does anyone else here take vitamins to supplment what we may be missing? I am slightly worried about my calcium and iron intake with my eating 1400-1600 calories per day. So I've started taking a once-daily women's multivitamin.
suzisonthemovetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Since I am not a vegtable lover, I take a daily vitamin whenever I can remember!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I do.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:49 PM   #4  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I just take a multi. I don't get people who buy 35 gazillion supplements (ok, I'm thinking of one person here at work who lines up about 30 pills every morning and attempts to pill her way to health).
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #5  

Default Calcium

Just my two cents. . . whether you're on a "diet" or not you might want to take calcium. 1000mg of calcium citrate is recommended by most doctors I know to help prevent osteoporosis. I've also heard rumblings that it helps with weightloss.
Alethea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #6  

That many pills could hurt ur body and cause serious illness. Unless u have to for treating a true illness, otherwise it is not a good idea. I try my best to keep my pill amounts down, and substitute oils, food, and seeds with pills only when I absolutely have to. I take a one a day weight loss multivitmain. I buy it at wal-mart and got the equate, generic brand over the regular. There the same.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I have the best intentions on taking vitamins. I keep buying them but then I forget to take them. I hate taking pills, I dont even take pills when I have a headache. lol. I have the Womens once a day now, I did have the weightloss ones with green tea and those would make me get sick~ literally. So now Im afraid of taking the womens once a day in the event that I get sick again
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I take the women's chewable vitamins.While they do have a vitamin taste to them,the chocolate ones help me remember to take them My Dr. told me a daily vitamin regardless how I ate wouldn't hurt.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I take a prenatal vitamin every day. I got them @ Sam's CLub for like $10 for 350 of them. They are great for hair & nails.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

I take oil of olay vitamin packets- the energy one- when I can remember. They have an energy pill which reminds me to take them!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

I try to remember to take one multi vitamin a day.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #12  
Downsizing Dee!

I'm not a vitamin taker. I know I should take calcium supplements because I despise milk but I just can't seem to remember to take them on a regular basis.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #13  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I take a mulit-vitamin with extra B vitamins (Centrum Low-Carb Vitamins, I think). Since I'm cutting back on refined flours, and don't eat grains as much as I once did, I figure the extra B can't hurt (grains are a prime source for a couple of the B vitamins). Plus it's water-soluble, so if I get extra it just excretes out.

I also take two cinnamon capsules every morning. It's supposed to help regulate the blood sugar, and since I have PCOS and am prone to insulin resistance, I figure it can't hurt. It comes out to about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon from the spice cupboard, only in capsule form.

I got in the habit of taking pills every morning years ago when I was on birth control. Now I just take my allergy meds, my vitamin and my cinnamon all at once.

Get up, wash my face, brush my hair, take my pills, powder, dress, and go. It's a matter of habit.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I take a time release multi vitamin and extra calcium and Vit. D. If you take calcium, be sure to take Vit. D with it.

Dee, I never thought I'd get osteoporosis because I'm heavy (carrying around my own weight was weight lifting!) and really have no family history. I took calcium on an irregular basis, but I ate cheese, drank milk occasionally, and ate yogurt occasionally. Unfortunately, when I turned 50, I had a bone density test done, and I have osteoporosis in two vertabra, and osteopenia in other areas. So, please, take that calcium!! One pill in the morning with Vit. D, and one pill in the evening with Vit. D. Your bones will thank you when you turn 50!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

I take a multi viatamin and viactiv (1000mg Ca and 200 UI Vit D supplement) daily.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote