New to this forum

• Hello everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been struggling with my weight for some time - although I became a lifetime member of WW over 20 years ago... it's a great program, it just hasn't worked for me for the last 15 years. I lost a lot of weight in the mid-90's, slowly and by a variety of methods, and exercise. My exercise of choice was ballet... had made real progress, and then went to law school at night, and worked in the day. Giving up ballet was hard, and with the stress, the weight came back very quickly. Tried some diet pills through a medical program right after I finished law school, and it made me feel terrible and I gained back the weight. I looked seriously at weight loss surgery, but thought after I evaluated the programs, that if I learned to live the way that I would have to after surgery, I'd lose weight anyways. So I am designing my own diet, and exercise program, and looking at what works and what doesn't... and integrating exercise slowly back into my life. Sugarbusters feels right, and I've lost weight before on that, so I incorporate a lot of those principles plus a few others - mainly just eating low glycemic foods, staying away from processed foods, making good healthy choices. I am walking twice a day every day, and added a ballroom dancing class once a week... and having blades put on my ice skates, and will try ice skating to see if I can do that regularly... .

I love this website, and hopefully I can find support here while I journey to a healthier me.

Thanks for reading my intro, and I promise not to limit the length of my posts in the future!
  • Welcome! You'll find all the support you need right here. Everyone here is so supportive and understanding, as well as inspiring. Good luck to you! I look forward to getting to know you. Post often!
  • to the board! Post often so we can get to know you.
  • Hi, welcome to the group!

~Dee
  • Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • HELLO RHONDA! hope to see you around! Welcome!
  • to the group!
  • Welcome! Make yourself at home....this is a great place,.
  • Welcome!