Old 01-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I just said goodbye to PT for 2 weeks! I'm going away on business and when I get back, he'll be gone for a week, I think I'm going to go through withdrawal!!!

I had a good talk with the other physical therapist downstair - yes, there are 3 others, but PT is one that I alway dealt with. Anyway, we were talking about working out and taking it to the next level. He had some good suggestions and offered to help, I'm always open to support.

Yes, my shoulder is better, but I'm going to wait until I get back to do upper body again, I don't want to risk hurting it again before I go way.

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
2 - coffee
5 - zone bar
1 - 1 pt cake
1 - almonds
7 - LC chicken
2 - ww ice cream
25 points (out of 26)

Exercise: 40 mins - 500 cals, abs lower body
Adding in today exercise - 50 mins - 600 cals for a total of 2,785 for the week.

I won't be around pretty much for the next week, unless I find a place in Florida to log on. Have a great week everyone!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #32  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks,

I haven't been here since Monday. Glad to see that Beth and Rabidstoat are feeling better

Goalnorolls, I am so sorry to hear about your son but I think Jillygal has the right idea... it will be over in no time. I am glad you got an appointment with the surgeon so soon.

Hang in there Sandi and jillybean. Congrats on coming back and tossing out the cookies.

Dishyfishy, no I am not counting carbs or following a specific plan. I just have shifted the emphasis away from fruits and grains (my favorites) to vegetables and animal protiens. And cutting way back on the sugar!!!! It has worked for me in the past and I thought I would try it again. I still eat some fruit and grains just a lot less. I may try the first two weeks of the SBD starting next week. It looks pretty good. I am also a big fan of George Stella on the Food Network and his cookbooks. He, his wife and two sons lost 560# in 2 years!!!! He is a professional chef and has great recipes!

I know this is turning into a volume but I have to mention that I hooked up with SAPF at the Minneapolis Airport. It was great fun even if the only place we could sit and eat/talk was a Starbuck's. (It's a security thing.) She is strikingly beautiful and fun.

Todays food

B Burger and salad
S Ricotta cheese with cocoa and sweetener
L Crustless quiche and salad
S Celery and cheese
D Turkey wrap and South Beach Bar
S Probably Ricotta with lemon and sweetener

P.S. Last night DF and I went to a cheese class as part of a birthday celebration. He is the kind of person that doesn't really care about food (how annoying ) but loves cheese. Maybe I'll post some other time about the different kinds I tried.

to all

Denise

Last edited by activeadventurer; 01-27-2006 at 07:18 PM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #33  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You got ot meet SAPF!!! I'm so jealous!!!! Waaaahhhh

Yep! I made it to the gym on Thursday. Plan to go again tonight. At least I am doing something right!! Although food is on track for today.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Friday

Breakfast: McD's fruit and yogurt parfait, and a Morningstar patty
Lunch: Lean Cuisine balsamic chicken dinner
Dinner: Fettucini alfredo
Snack: Strawberries with sugar

Calories: About 1400
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I've had a stressful two weeks but I'm back. So here we go.

Jan 4 - b; eggs w/ mushrooms on tortilla w/ salsa & cheese
s: 1 pumpkin muffin, 1 yogurt, 2 cc cookies, 1 light hot chocolate

WATP - 2 mile express w/ stretchie
l: 1 diet pepsi, 1 bruschetta bun, 2 peanut butter cups,
s: 1 orange
d: pork chop, french fries, beets
1 chocolate milk.

Jan 25 - 20min Power sculpting w/ resistance, 20 min buns and thighs with resistance (Windsor Pilates)
b: couple bites of banana, 2 cinnamon raisin toast, 1 bun w/ butter, honey & PB
s: special K w/berries and 1% milk
2 hotchocolate
dinner: 2 sausage and 1 cup kd
s: 1 bowl of Just right cereal w/ 1% milk
1 chocolate bar

Jan 26 -
b: sausages (5), hashbrowns, toast 1, 2 eggs
l: turkey and havarti on croissant, 10 kisses

s: just right cereal w/ 1% milk, 1 bun with honey & banana

d: shepard's pie, 1 pepsi

Jan 27 -
b; mini wheats w/ 1% milk
s: special K w/ berries w/ 1% milk, 1 hot chocolate
l: shepard's pie, 1 chocolate bar, 1/2 pepesi

So far today.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #36  

Breakfast: 3 panckes, 3T light syrup, 1T lowfat margarine
Lunch: Arby's southwest chicken wrap
Snack: 1 cup grapes
Dinner: Leftover ziti with sausage
Snack: Jellybelly, single serving box

Not the best day, but only 1750 calories, could be worse. I ate some fruit? That's about the best I managed.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #37  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sandibaby, you are 3 hours away, ya stinker!!! Next time you go to the Dells, pencil me in for a (decaf soy) latte. Or maybe me you & Charbar could meet up in Milwaukee for some hijinks.

DENISE!!!! So great to meet you! I can't wait to peruse the cookbooks!! I think next time I will get me a salad & you something of your choosing & bring it out to the security area & we can eat it in front of those ****ers. I'm only sorry we didn't get more time & I DEMAND you post a pic of your cute new cut & color. I will let you know when I am going to be back. Right now looks like February 22, but will confirm in a week or two. I have to have some icky tests done, but might be there longer than a day. Would be great if your new job let you come down, if not that's ok, too.

Today:

egg mc muffin no ham
fruit salad, no yogurt, no walnuts
decaf w/skim soy milk

6 lo so triscuits
1 serving lite chive onion cream cheese
some chocolate covered blueberries
1 cup decaf Constant Comment tea

1 6 inch wheat subway turkey sammich. I took Howie's advice & skipped the cheese. And he was right! I didn't even notice it was gone! I had turkey, spinach leaves, green pepper, tomato, black olive & mayo. YUM!

handful of unsalted peanuts
prunes

1 hardee's kids meal chicken strips

So that's it for today, I will just have water from here on out.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #38  
Crazy Canuck

Wheeeee! How cool that SAPF and Denise got to meet!

Today was a typically unstructured Saturday for me, foodwise and otherwise. No kidlets this weekend, so G and I had a late night and slept in today until noon! Hence, breakfast was MIA.

Saturday

Lunch at Tim Hortons
Coffee with cream
Timmy's *new* flaxseed & whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese

Dinner at a local restaurant (The Abbey Grill). Bruschetta appetizer and grilled chicken quesidilla, diet pepsi.

Tim Hortons coffee with cream.

Nothing like starting and ending the day with a Timmy coffee

I didn't drink enough water today and dinner was sadly lacking in veggies and too high in carbs, fat and calories. However, all told I probably didn't go too much over in points because I only had two meals and didn't snack.

On the exercise front, I walked the dog in the morning, vacuumed and used a fair amount of elbow grease thoroughly cleaning the bathrooms, tubs and tiles in the afternoon.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:23 AM   #39  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Back......whew what a couple of weeks. First tonsillitis and then trying to catch up for grades. I think I was a vegetable all weekend just trying to revive myself. I still have a small cough but everything looks much better for tomorrow.

I am going to do the first WATP tape tomorrow after work if I get home early enough. I am also trying to improve what I eat each day by trying to incorporate good wholesome foods in my diet. I have been trying to eat yogurt, fruit, raw veggies like broccoli and cauliflower. I have done this the past two weeks even though my diet went to the wayside due to illness and yes .......stress
My next goal is to get rid of red meat from my diet and increase my fish. I have eaten entirely too much of the red meat. I am going to try to eat more fish even if comes in frozen and try to get to the Korean Wal-Mart for fresh fish once in a while.
My weight is up a little but I refuse to weigh in until a week from today. I have to lose this weight but more importantly I have to increase my immunity and eat healthy.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #40  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi folks!

Good to see you back Dolly.
Jillegal...Sounds like fun and
SAPF glad you got back OK. See you in February!

Ok, so I got my hair cut really short and dyed Red Violet #4. (A beauty school experiment) Everybody under 30 and older gay men love it. Most everybody else is a no comment or I did get one "Are you having a midlife crisis?" Some people have no imagination! Hope to post some progress pics soon.

Now down to business

Yesterday

B Turkey wrap with mayonaise, spinach and tomato
L "Kitchen Sink" crustless quiche; cooked zuchinni, celery and onion
S Ricotta with lemon zest and Splenda
D LC beef and brocolli entree

Today

B "Kitchen Sink" crustless quiche and veggies

Probably finish off the rest of the quiche and vegetables some time today, grocery shop and go to the GYM. I have really been having a hard time getting there lately but really feel the difference physically and mentally when I don't exercise.

to all

Denise

Last edited by activeadventurer; 01-29-2006 at 10:13 AM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #41  

Sunday

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Bahama breeze, tilapia grilled with jerk barbecue sauce, a few bites of the cinnamon mashed potatoes, and two fried plantain slices
Snack: 1 oz cheese
Dinner: Chicken marsala with ginger coconut rice
Snack: Luna bar

Calories: About 1425
No exercise. Hectic day.