Diet Question.

• I know that when you are dieting, if you skip meals, your body goes into "starvation mode" and you will have a harder time losing weight. My question is that if you continue to eat three meals a day, even including healthy snacks once in a while, will your body go into starvation mode if the calorie total is extremely low?

I know that is kind of confusing. Here's an example. When I am not dieting, I might eat three meals a day with the caloric total of about 2500 to 3000. Now, if I start dieting and my three meals total to 1000 calories a day, will my body go into a kind of shock or possibly starvation mode?

I have this problem with dieting where its not like I am trying to starve myself on purpose of course, but I just want to eat less and the things I do eat are very filling so even if I felt like eating more calories, sometimes I just don't have the stomach for it. I know maybe 1000 calories a day might be too little for me, but if I am feeling fine with those 1000, am I still harming myself? Last thing I need is to slow my metabolism with my body being tricked into starvation.
  • Please read this very enlightening thread about starvation mode.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...tarvation+Mode
  • I can't thank you enough for that link!