Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Fitday OR Nutridiary?

Fitday or Nutridiary? Which do you prefer? have you tried both? Im just curious to see what everyone uses and why they like the one they are using!?
Im currently using fitday but considering switching to nutridiary...
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

In the past I have used Fitday, but I have never researched Nutridiary. Why the possible switch?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #3  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

honestly, I don't know i just looked at it and it looks more detailed and fun?! but im just curious if someone has tried both and went with one for a reason?
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #4  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I use *********** and I like it the best. It is actually more fun, and they have spark points that help me stay accountable. I was using fitday before, but now that I found *********** I haven't been back to fitday once.

I have never been to nutridiary.

edit... oh, I am not supposed to say what I use instead? Sorry!
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #5  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I use FitDay and love it!!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I know I'm in the minority here because I detest FitDay. It has a nasty interface, almost everything I eat has to be entered as a "custom" food, and I found it grossly underestimates kcals. It was quicker and easier to make up my own spreadsheet for tracking kcals, and maybe once a week, I pop onto [what I'm guessing is] the site JennasMom uses to check where I am with fibre and macronutrients. I've never tried Nutridiary so can't comment on that.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #7  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I use the software of fitdays as well. Can't stand the look of the site but the actual program is so much better. I got it on CD though..only paid $2 for it on ebay woohoo! I have never tried any other ones
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #8  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Fitday gives fairly accurate estimate of food calories.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have tried all three and I wound up on the one that JennasMom uses too. The interface is much nicer to me, yet you can track all of the different nutritional aspects like fitday shows. I didn't want to just see calories, but also things like iron and calcium, which I couldn't figure out how to do in nutridiary. There are a couple of other pay options that looked promising, but I didn't want to have to do that either if I didn't have to.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #10  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I'm using nutridiary
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm using Fitday, and have for a long time. I like being able to access it from work as well as home, and I like the reports they have.

I've heard people complain about having to enter custom food, but in truth, I've never had that problem. The only times I've entered custom food is for really weird things that "normal" people don't eat (like saurkraut) or very specialized things (like protein bars and low-carb pasta).

Fitday does take some getting used to, at first, to figure out how they've got things arranged, though. A hamburger bun is listed as "white bread, roll" or something like that, and then once you select that you have a drop-down menu for what KIND of roll -- hamburger bun, dinner roll, crescent roll, etc. And a lot of times, it's just easier to put in the ingredients -- potato, broccoli, cream cheese -- when I look at the ingredients of their "broccoli soup" and realize it's not at all like mine.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I use FitDay. I have a copy of the software but I go between multiple computers at home and work, and like being able to journal in both places. Though I like the purchase software better, the web interface just ends up easier for my jetsetting lifestyle.

My biggest peeve is that you can't search custom foods, that I've found. I have to load up the list and scrolls through. And my list is long. I'm neurotic, so I enter everything. Right now, I've been using it less than four months and my list is just a few short of 200 items right now! It's a mix of restaurant and fast food items (I eat out a lot, and do a ton of business travel), homemade recipes I key in, and namebrand products I buy.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

I use the online version of Fitday. I like the custom feature, since most of my staples are items I had (and wanted) to enter myself. I like the food log, but take little stock in the activity section. I do still record my exercise mainly for a journal record. The BMR's are very inaccurate in my experience.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I use nutridiary. I checked them both out, and while fitday did give more nutrients, I found entering food into nutridiary to be easier. They give you options in grams and ounces and if there's a size, like a large banana, they tell you how much it weighs as well. And I liked the interface for nutridiary a little better.

I pay for the upgraded membership, which gives access to a much larger database, including lots of restaurant items (if you check calorieking, you will find the same items there). I do enter a lot of custom foods as well.

You can also enter meals (cant remember if you can do that on fitday or not) by entering in a number of foods (e.g., 2 oz of noodles, 2 cups homemade stock, 42 g carrots etc). So now when I make my homemade soup, I can either use my previous personalized meal or make a new one by simply editing the old one (to reflect different amounts or diff ingredients). The meal function is a little odd, as you can't "portion" a meal, so I make an original, full meal with all my ingredients, and then "portion" it by taking the percentage of the original meal (that makes no sense, I think, unless you've seen the program, but I'm going to leave it in).
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote