3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   OT - diagnosis! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/73156-ot-diagnosis.html)

SwimGirl 01-17-2006 02:50 AM

OT - diagnosis!

I finally got a diagnosis for this sickness thats been bothering me for over a month now! It's progressed to Tonsillitis. This is my first experience of such a thing, it's been... interestingly hard! I am SO relieved to finally have this all looked after.. and I will be starting antibiotics tomorrow. This is my first experience of antibiotics, so I'm hoping it'll go smoothly. I am so excited to be healthy again, to be able to swallow properly, to eat without throwing up... it's amazing how I've never realized how I take my normally great health for granted. Alright.. time for a happy dance! :carrot:

-Aimee

shedilbry 01-17-2006 08:15 AM

your first time taking antibiotics huh? how have you managed that? LOL

i hope it works and that you are back to your normal healthy self in no time!

Charbar 01-17-2006 08:43 AM

first time.. that's good.
I hope you feel better soon!

sabriena 01-17-2006 09:14 AM

Wow... I've had to go on anitbiotics a million times (ok not a million but a bunch!) You must be one healthy person (normally)!

I hope you feel better soon!

barbygirl43 01-17-2006 09:49 AM

I hope you will feel better soon Aimee.

Kamily828 01-17-2006 10:17 AM

Get well soon!

DishyFishy 01-17-2006 10:52 AM

:crossed: for a speedy recovery, Aimee. :goodvibes:

Sandi 01-17-2006 11:02 AM

You must be a VERY healthy person. I have been on antibiotics a ton of times.

Feel better soon! :hug:

famograham 01-17-2006 02:39 PM

WEIRD!!!!!
You have Tonsilitis too???
Did you send it across the Straight to me? :lol:
I find it strange that both of us have/had it at the exact same time.
I'm on my last day of the amoxicillin and am feeling MUCH better!
Watch out for a gain though...I'd be curious to know if you have one too!

:hug:
Feel better Aimee!
xoxox
Linda

SwimGirl 01-17-2006 03:17 PM

Linda, you sent ME tonsillitis?? I should come over there and kick your butt ;) But as you know... I'm so weak I can't really leave the house! I was given a different type of antibiotic, I will be curious if I'll have a gain as well. I would imagine I would gain a bit when I can start eating again.

What else do people take antibiotics for?

-Aimee

shedilbry 01-17-2006 04:30 PM

i've been on antibiotics for strep throat, pnuemonia, bronchitis... and during my gall bladder stuff.

famograham 01-17-2006 04:45 PM

:lol: Aimee!

People take antibiotics for any kind of bacterial infection..but they don't work on viral infections like colds and flu. It's amazing that you've never taken them before! You're a credit to the human race...no way you're contributing to drug resistant diseases!

Linda

Gardenwife 01-17-2006 08:05 PM

Tonsillitis...Wow, never looked it up before. I had no idea it did all that. Poor you! :hug:

SwimGirl 01-17-2006 08:18 PM

Kimberley - it's nearly the most painful thing I've ever experienced... Cramps are pretty bad, but you know if you take a pain killer it'll help. I never realized it was so bad having this either, I resorted to taking prescription strength ibuprofen.. thank goodness I have it!

Shelly - wow, I feel for you, I couldn't handle this more than once! I once had bronchitis, but by the time I went to the doctor he said I was healing, so I didn't bother with antibiotics.

-Aimee