Old 01-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default I don't know if i can do this

Today is my fourth day on my new healthy lifestyle and Im having a REALLY hard time, I feel like i want to eat everything in my house and I can't stop thinking about food diet's ect.. I cannot pry myself away from this pc and I keep looking at dieting crap Im already so sick of this and just want to chow down a big bag of wheat thins, I have a headache from thinking about this 24/7 and this is only my 4TH day! I probally won't last... what's new I probally can relate some of these feeling to my monthly flow that started on monday, I guess im just venting and ramling... sorry.
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Don't apologize for venting! It's better than stuffing your face with unhealthy stuff.

I've had a rough day too...check out my blog.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #3  
One pound at a time...

Rysmommy, vent away, this is what this forum is for! We all have some good days and bad days. Be proud that you have made the initial steps to becoming a healthy you. The first few days are always the roughest when starting out. I know when I started I was cranky, and feeling very deprived. I do not know if it is possible for you, but if there is temptation in the house, is it possible to get rid of it. I believe it was Dr. Phil that said in order to not set yourself up for failure is to make a safe environment for yourself, but I know that is not always possible, especially with family members. TOM probably does not help either for your state of mind. Keep at it, I know you can do it!

Last edited by ChocLabLover; 01-13-2006 at 08:10 AM.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Anything new that you start is hard. And if you fill your poor period discombobulated mind with too much stuff ... it can give you a headache!
You can channel some of that obsession into journalling. Write everything down, blog, use fitday .... go for a walk.
Relax! it takes time to learn and impliment all this stuff. Before long, you'll be reading along thinking "I already knew that". You'll be fine.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hang in there ~ you can do it. We are here for you.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You are right to vent away and get it out. You can get over this. Tell yourself you will eat well for you next meal. When you have finished that one, tell yourself you will eat well for the next meal. etc. Try and take it one meal at a time until you can get control over all these lovely TOM (Time of Month) emotions
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #7  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sorry you are feeling so stressed about it all. And I think it's great that you are venting about it! BUT, YOU'VE LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!! That's a great start! I also think what you are experiencing is sooooooooo normal. Some people are like the energizer bunny when they start, so strong and motivated. I've never been the cheerleader type and while I'm very encouraged about what I've just started, I'm also very realistic about it. It will not be easy. So, I can relate to your feelings right now. Just STICK TO IT! We might occasionally break down and like you mentioned "eat a box of Wheat Thin's" -substitute Tortilla chips in my case-, but we get over it and move on. Slow and steady. Making new habits. And become liberated from emotional eating. Forever.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Give yourself a break. Go for a walk. Even if it's a walk in the mall. Get away from the diet stuff. I find that if I'm dwelling on the fact I can't eat something, I'm going to break down eventually. Don't make yourself sick of it.

My mother once told me when I was fighting with an ex that if you talk about your problems constantly (trying to work them out), then there isn't any fun in the relationship. This is the same way. If you're beating yourself up, telling yourself what you can't have and thinking of nothing but depravation, what fun is in THAT? Holy cow, you would break up with your diet too! Instead, give yourself a break to take your mind off of it.

Paint your nails. Color your hair. Take a walk. Try a funny yoga pose. Clean out your closet and make bags to take to goodwill. Go antique shopping at a thrift store.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #9  

Being a woman, trying to lose weight and dealing with our monthly friend is not an easy task. But you CAN do this. Just take one hour at a time. We will cheer you on every step of the way.
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Believe me. you CAN do this. If I can, anyone can. If it's any comfort, it gets easier, and if you stick with it you'll find yourself getting into the swing of things and not stressing about it quite so much. There are still moments where you doubt whether you can do it, or where you just want to reach for food, but those feelings really do die down a lot if you just hang on in there. And don't feel bad if you slip a little either, this is the rest of your life, and one meal, or even a day in that context isn't very much at all, so relax, and when you feel ready to get back into it, just do it!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #11  

wow. first off im so glad I have had so much response I really appreciatte everything everyone said and will take it to heart I lean on friends and family alot to keep me going through things and it's so nice to know I have found some here, I know this is going to be a struggle the rest of my life and like alot of you said all I can do is take it one day one meal at a time. I really do need to get my mind of it for a while though so i think i will go clean and spend some quality time with my daughter. This is something I want more than anything and with everyone's help advice and push I can and will get through this, because I WANT TO It's just that lazy whiny side that get's to me BUT I am working on it right now. Sadly I did eat about 25 wheat thins but Im glad to know That's as bad as the food get's in my house becouse I cleared my closet's and fridge out when i started so i wouldn't have temptation but now I just am tempted to eat a whole box of the healthy stuff brother it's a never ending cycle. Thanks for all the advice It's so nice to know I have ppl I can share my problems with that understand and are willing to help get me through. Thanks - Kim
Old 01-12-2006, 06:10 PM   #12  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysmommy
now I just am tempted to eat a whole box of the healthy stuff
BTDT! Do you have a garbage disposal? I've had to use it even on "healthy" food before in a very weak moment!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #13  

Okay my first thought was "there's no way i'd waste good food like that!" Then, when i thought it through I realized im addicted to food! That's so pathetic! Once I get over this addiction life will be alot easier for me!

About how long will it take though!?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #14  
Heather/Caterpillar

When I have my pig out moments I stuff my face with tangerines...I know I shouldn't pig on anything but I figure that it is better to eat loads of fruit rather than chocolate and when I'm in that kind of mood anything will do...honestly, I've been known to eat like 15 of them in one go!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #15  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I've felt like that before.. especially close or during TOM! In fact today I was feeling it and ate one of my candy bars I have stashed for "rewards"!

25 wheat thins aren't as bad as 25 hershey kisses!!! You're doing great!!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote