Dry brushing to prevent skin sag

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • IT works! I had to loose a significant amount of weight once before and while loosing the weight, I dry brushed. Once at night-once in the morning. I lost all of the weight and had no skin sag. I'm not kidding you.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
  • Of course, you could be just one of the lucky people who are genetically blessed not to suffer sagging skin after weight loss.
  • What exactly is dry brushing?
  • Do a search on "loose+skin". I think it's a sticky thread in the Maintainer's Forum. It explains dry brushing, lotions, etc.
  • Dry brushing is like brushing your hair but with a "dry brush" and it's your skin. You can get a dry brush at most retailers. Natural brushes are best because they're gentler on your skin. You just rub your skin (your whole body) in circluar motions towards your heart ~ twice a day. Start with your feet and work your way up. You'll know to stop brushing an area when it gets a little rosey. Anyway, it feels good and makes your skin so soft. Velvety almost.

I don't know about genetics... I have stretch marks everywhere from pregnancies. Big, deep, ugly ones. My mom has sagging skin. She's never dry brushed but gone up and down in weight her whole life.
  • Dry brushing used to be touted as a cure for cellulite -- now it's being promoted as a cure for loose skin? :P

Dry brushing will NOT prevent loose skin. It may exfoliate and stimulate circulation, which will improve your skin's appearance, but it does nothing to make the skin shrink more than it would anyway.
  • while reading this it just sounded like exfoliating to me,i do the very same thing before i lay in the tanning bed,it just sloths off dead skin cells.
  • I was hoping I could get some more details about what kind of brush you used and how long you took to do it each 2xs/day. I know that what you are talking about is something that they do in Indian medicine (as in India). My doctor recommended it for detoxification. It sounds great for circulation and stimulation. Thanks for sharing this.
  • I was curious, so I Googled it. Here are a couple of links that explain.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/home...y_brushing.htm

http://www.womenfitness.net/beauty/s..._for_detox.htm
  • Thanks Synger
  • Thanks for all the Info, the soft skin alone will get me to do this...
  • It's worth a try. I only know what I experieced and have read about.

I bought a long handled, natural bristles (no plastic or synthetic fibers) brush from W-mart, I think, but I've noticed they don't carry the natural ones anymore. Any health food store would carry them

I usually dry brushed 15 mins. each morning and night.
  • What is dry brushing?
  • lol, can you tell I'm new...nevermind
  • Lionlade!

So you found it then?

To the board..you'll love it here

Linda