Another newbie

• Hi! My name is Sara and I just started a weight loss plan with over 100 lbs to lose. I found this site a number of years ago when I tried WW and put it into my bookmarks. Didn't come back to it until about a week ago when I was looking for information. I LOVE what this site has evolved into! Of all the places I looked, this forum seems to be where I fit the best. Do you mind if I join everyone on this journey?

I joined a program called "Healthy Inspirations" and have been having great success. It seems to be a cross between the South Beach Diet, Sugar Busters and Curves. Has anyone tried this program? I have done a bunch of searching and can't find much information about it online. I am looking for first hand experience as well as recipes, tips, etc.

Sara
  • Hi Sara!
    Welcome! I have a dd named Sara You are a scrapbooker.. cool! And you live in WI .. cool (seems to be the land of fat people! )
    I am going on a scrapbooking retreat in door co in less then 2 weeks!!!! Can't wait!!
  • Sara!!

Great to have you here...I'm sure you will find this is the perfect place for you!!

Linda
  • Thanks, Dana! I will be going through Green Bay this weekend on the way to the in-laws in Marinette. Too funny! Glad to see that there are other scrap book addicts out there like me. Where are you going in Door Co for a retreat? I keep my ear to the ground for as many retreats as possible and must have missed that one.

And I agree...Wisconsin seems have more than its share of heavy people. Cheese, beer and sausage are a lethal combination. Between that and my Dutch/German heritage I have a bunch of counts against me.

Sara
  • Welcome Sara I haven't really heard anything about that diet plan but it sounds interesting.
  • Welcome Sara, from one newbie to another....

I haven't heard of that program but just did a quick Google search and found a site that has followers saying both good and bad about it. I figure if you like it and it works for you, then stick to it.....

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/cgi-bin...wcarb&Post=285
  • DivaLaRed- I found that same thread when I did a search before I joined and I admit that at first it scared the crap out of me. Had me reaching for the phone to cancel the appointment and give up. But everything else I have tried has failed so I didn't. After EXTENSIVE google searches, that is the only place I have found a comment against the program so I chalked it up to a disgruntled person and signed on the dotted line.

Thanks for the Welcome from everyone! I am really going to like it here!
  • Hi Sara,
    Glad you found your way back here...it's a great place to be!!!! I'm a fellow Wisconsinite too I'm not very crafty....so I don't do scrapbooking...but would love to try it someday. Anyways...welcome...your weight loss plan sounds interesting....good luck to you and hope to see you around lots.
    Hugs,
    Olivia
  • to the forum Sara! Post often so we can get to know you!
  • Welcome-glad you found us. Congrats on your loss!