Thanks so much everyone and esteem issues...

• Hi all,
    I hope everyone is well!!! Anywho...I just wanted to thank everyone that was so kind to me after I posted my progress pic. Your comments...(especially the "I thought you looked like a model" comment) made me feel sooooooo good about myself..... THANK YOU!! I've always had terrible esteem issues....I don't know why but it has always been very hard for me to find anything good in myself. I know the weight is probably the biggest part of it for me and I've struggled for so long. When I think about it though...i've always struggled with everything..uggghh. I don't know how my self esteem issues came about...I just know that I've always had them....I don't know if it's my personality type or if my parents ingrained perfectionism into me as a child or what?? It's not just appearance related either...I tend to do the same thing with my career,etc.

I do know that I've been hiding behind my weight for years now and everything else suffered along with it. I stopped wanting to go places, I stopped getting my hair done, I stopped wearing makeup,etc. I guess that's when I decided to join WW. I was sick of hiding. Now that I've lost 70 pounds...things are getting better for me. I don't want to blame all my esteem issues on weight though....because God knows..there are many, many beautiful overweight people that are confident and wonderful no matter what their size. I think believing in yourself, no matter what...is soooo important!!! Weight loss, for me, has been impowering in itself.....just the fact that I successfully have lost 70 pounds so far....has given me more confidence and actually for once I feel like "I am worth it"..and "I can do this"..this gives me the power to keep going.....40 more til goal....yeahhhhhh!!!!!!

I am kind of seeing a trend...as my weight drops....my esteem raises..which is a nice thing. I've even been looking into entering the next WW "Then and Wow" contest. I never in a million years would have thought of entering something like that!! I know I have a ways to go before I'd be in the running...but just the fact that i"m thinking about something like that is mind blowing to me..lol!!!! I've just got to remember that "I am worth it"..u know.

Ok...this has gotten really long and maybe doesn't make any sense..lol. I guess for me...losing weight is half physical and half mental...I"m just sorting the "mental" part of it out right now...and you guys just happen to be the sounding board for it...lol...sorry Anyways...I just wanted to thank everyone again for the nice comments and for being so sweet to me these first few weeks. I truly have found a great place with great and inspirational people...thanks so much!!!!

hugs,
    Olivia
  • Hi RoundRN... congratulations on losing 70 lbs, that is just amazing! It is so great that you are feeling better about yourself too. You are definitely someone I can look up to as being where I hope to be.. I bet you never thought you would be a role model!

I'm not sure if I should post this here on your thread but it seems to be pretty much the same topic... a short time ago I posted about how down I was and how hopeless I felt after letting things fall apart over Christmas, but my perspective is back. I'm back on the wagon again and feeling confident and I just want to say thank you to everyone here who helped me out with your kind words.
  • Oliva - you are welcome.
    Remember.. you have found the best support on the net... right here at 100 club

I've been coming here for a long time - and it's just wonderful.