Old 02-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #31  
Relaxation Master

Anytime I see any of the BL episodes, mini or regular, I am thinking man, damn, my pittly two pounds a week is nothing......if I would only push...
And, yes, if there was someone there everyday to push me and watch that I was not hurt and feed me..then I would lose faster(proof if you watch everyones progress slow when they are on their own).
I'll use the show as an inspiration on days that that will work....
I will admit though that I would love to see a 12 pound week.
Robyn
nybor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This is such and interesting thread and really gives me something to think about. It's easy for me to get caught up in thinking about the long term rather than just taking it one day at a time, one choice at a time.

I often find myself going back and forth between wanting the weight off as fast as possible and realizing that weight loss is a learning process and I need to learn all I can before I get to goal so that I will have a better chance at keeping it off.
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #33  
~*Dreams Can Come True*~

S/C/G: 238/240/130

Height: 5'4

Here are my goal dates:

May 21- weigh 199
January 1- weigh 129

Good luck everyone and act like you are on The Biggest Loser!!!!!!!!
jen1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I always wonder about the Biggest Loser. On the one hand, it can be real motivating to see people making radical transformations and getting healthier, all condensed into the space of a few hours. On the other hand, those goals are pretty much unattainable for 99.999% of the dieting population who lack personal trainers, personal chefs, the ability to focus on nothing more than weight loss for months at a time, etc.

I wonder if that ends up discouraging some people who start eating healthier and working out, and lose an impressive 2-3 pounds a week for a few weeks, but end up thinking they're a failure because they compare it with the show.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote