Back on track and ready for the final plunge

• Hello to all and Happy new-year!!

I hope everyone is doing fine. Looking at some of your pictures some of you made amazing progress!!

I’ve been quiet during the past few months.
    Fall was quite stressful. The company I work for was sold and there were some uncertainties. Things now look a bit better as our site will remain open.

I did not buy a house yet. It’s been close on 2 occasions. However, I hired a building inspector and reports showed that major repairs have to be done and since the seller was reluctant to do them, the sales were cancelled on both occasions. Anyways, I’ll be looking for a more recent construction that is still under warranty….

As for the weight issue, all that stress caused me to gain 10 pounds over the past few months. I am now at 255. This gave me enough motivation to take the last plunge for that final 40 pounds. I re-started the “boost” diet. I know, this is extreme, but for me, that is the only option that works. I still fo a lots of exercise: Cross-country ski and Swimming are on the menu!
  • Good to see you back!
  • Welcome back. I'm sure you're going to find the perfect house and be glad those other 2 weren't for you. As for your weight loss, you can do it.
  • Hi Frenchie, nice to meet you, welcome back.
  • Welcome back, frenchiepolarbear!

This may be a daft question... what's the "boost" diet?
  • Sorry; i should give more details. “Boost” is the commercial name of a meal replacement shake. About a year ago I was able to loose around 60 pounds over 5 months. Basically I replace 2 meals with Boost and have a fully balanced supper. I also eat vegetables to kill hunger during the day. This is hard, but it works. I make adjustments when I do high intense activities. (ex: cross-country skiing) and then have a high-protein regular breakfast.
  • Hey, Frenchie! Glad to see you back here. I had a little five-pound gain over the holidays and am working to get that off too (why don't I *learn*?). We'll be back in "virgin" fat territory & maintaining like champs in no time!

Hope you find a house that suits you really soon.

Great to see you back.
  • Welcome back!

~Dee
  • As strange as it may look like, i maintained over the holidays, no loss, no gain…..I ate a awful lot, the worst mix being graded onion soup, Pizza and garlic bread (this is the first and last time i do this!!!)….Maybe the very intense training I had at the same time helped a little bit.

The gain occurred between September and mid-December…..I was under a lot of stress with the house and job…..
  • welcome back frenchie! :-)

good luck on the house hunt

Catherine mom to 11
    mabear's homepage
  • It's great to see you back, Frenchie

xoxo
    Linda
  • Hey Frenchie, glad you're back!!
  • Hey good to see you back. My visits to the form will be sporadic over the next few weeks but glad you are back and ready to get going again.
  • Mais oui alors! Long time, no read! Welcome back, Frenchie!
  • Welcome back Frenchie!