3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   let's chat about subway! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/71074-lets-chat-about-subway.html)

Charbar 12-29-2005 03:31 PM

let's chat about subway!

I love subway sandwiches.. I used to eat the chicken w/ sweet onion.. but now I love the southwest steak. I believe you can eat healthy and have pretty much anything from subway.
I've always eaten the bread - never tried the wraps. I was at their site this afternoon and the wrap is ~100 calories LESS then the bread and about 20+ carbs less too. Does it taste any good?
I make a lot of wraps at home. I could never do a "low carb" diet - but I do belive in watching my carbs (specially the breads/rice/potatoes) - I don't think I'll die for over dosing on fruit :lol:

What is your favourite sandwich at subway? what veggies do you put on?
I love onions, cucumbers, and lettuce.

ScarlettDrawl 12-29-2005 03:36 PM

Lol. That's an interesting topic. My favorite (my regular) is a 6 inch subway melt on wheat with provolone cheese toasted with lettuce, vinegar, salt and pepper, and mustard. I go to subway about once a week for lunch, so clearly, I love it too. I've had a wrap but I do not care for the taste.

Charles78 12-29-2005 04:05 PM

LOL great topic. I just had the 6" Subway ham for lunch. I get it toasted - no cheese. Then I get lots of yellow mustard. I have them put lettuce, tomato, onions, a few black olives (very few) and Jalapeņo peppers. I have them finish that off with some of that salt and pepper with a splash of red wine vinegar. 320 calories of sandwich goodness. :)

Sheila53 12-29-2005 04:48 PM

I get the 6" club on wheat with no mayo or cheese, all the veggies (just a few jalapenos, though) and vinegar. Never had a wrap.

missaprylj 12-29-2005 04:49 PM

Mmm! I also love Subway.

Turkey, whole wheat, no cheese, with lettuce, tomato, a little onion, black olive, green pepper, and then I ask for the FF Italian dressing packet a drizzle a little of that over it. Yum!

glynne 12-29-2005 04:54 PM

Dana ~ like your new avatar pic ~ such a cute picture of the two of you. :)

boiaby 12-29-2005 04:59 PM

I love the wraps! If I don't get a ginormous salad there, I always opt for a wrap instead. I actually can't remember the last time I had regular bread at Subway. When I get a wrap it's with chicken breast strips, lots of spinach, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, cucumber and spicy mustard. When I get a salad, it's all the same stuff, minus the spicy mustard and add lettuce and
FF Italian dressing and some croutons. My Subway totally hooks me up, they fill the slad bowl so full they can't even close the lid most of the time! I sure does likes me some Subway!

Beverly

SnShn13 12-29-2005 05:01 PM

I eat there a few times a week because I like to go out on my lunch break. I usually get the club on herb and cheddar bread w/provalone, lettuce, tomato, pickels, salt & pepper, oil and vinegar. Last time, I got the teriake (sp!?) chicken with provalone, lettuce, tomato, and sweet onion sauce. I want it now... GRR...lol

Safora 12-29-2005 09:13 PM

I get the turkey on herb cheddar bread, no cheese, spicy mustard, lettuce, extra onion, pickle, salt & pepper, green pepper, and bananna pepper.

SuchAPrettyFace 12-29-2005 11:42 PM

I love Subway, they are closer to my work than anything else. I haven't tried the wraps, but love the turkey & provolone w/spinach instead of lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olives, LITE onion, mayo & ground pepper sprinkled all over.

Jillegal 12-30-2005 01:40 AM

If you have to go the fast food route (and don't we all sometimes?) I think Subway's a good choice. BUT, if you have an Extreme Pita franchise near you, that's the best bet of all. Every nutritional detail is at hand for you and the pitas and fillings are fantabulous! Its a bit pricier than Subway, but well worth it. :hun:

http://www.extremepita.com/web/default.aspx

Charbar 12-30-2005 08:09 AM

Jill.. those greek ones look awesome!! I miss TO for all the great food. I remember taking the subway down on Danforth for some great greek food. Nothing like that in Green Bay! - but maybe that's a good thing ;)

howie6267 12-30-2005 09:22 AM

I LOVE SUBWAY! My standard is the turkey no cheese, mustard, all the veggies and wheat bread. And as they always ask yes put the dang cucumbers and jalapenos on it, I said all the veggies. I sometimes do the same with roast beef. Then sometimes I just get a veggie sub. I never do the cheese because I find that if you have all the veggies you don't taste the cheese anyway. So why add the extra calories. I do like there wraps but I don't get them much. One does not quite fill me up and two is way too much plus is more expensive. So I usually opt for the foot-long sub. I don't watch carbs at all so give me some bread.

Charbar 12-30-2005 11:24 AM

Have you guys ever tried Erberts and Gerberts.. awesome. They just emailed me their calories and stuff.
http://www.erbertandgerberts.com/

satylite 12-31-2005 03:21 PM

Ham and cheese or a coldcut combo. 6", wheat, lettucepicklesolives. Maybe a little mustard, or a squirt of oil & vinegar, depending on how many calories I want to spare.

I've tried to quit the cheese, but I've been highly unsuccessful. Cheese makes my world go round.

I also dig Subway tuna or seafood salad. The saving grace there is that all their salads are made with lowfat mayo. Again, lettucepicklesolives. Occasionally hot peppers.

Mmmmm, Subway. [/homer]