3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New to this site! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/70809-new-site.html)

DollyR 12-26-2005 04:30 AM

New to this site!

Hi!

My name is Darlene and I am at least 105 pounds overweight. I have lots of great things going on in my life and I want to be able to enjoy life to the fullest. I am facing some major health hurdles in the next few months and am hoping to overcome it with diet, vitamins and exercise. I took the Real Age test and found out my age according to the site was 8 years older than I actually am. It is because of my lack of exercise. I am an official couch potato as of September of this year. I am hoping to work on a starting goal of 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week for a month and see if I can get the motor moving so to speak.

:^: :^: :^: I would like to find someone to buddy up with who is in their early 40s and looking to lose around 100 pounds. I am going to work with the weight watchers flex plan online. I live overseas and can not get to a meeting so I am looking to a place like this for support.

Thanks

ChunkyThighSyndrome 12-26-2005 11:00 AM

Hi Darlene, and welcome! You'll certainly find lots of support here!

I'm not early 40's yet, but I'm close at 38. I am in the process of losing 150 or so pounds (my GW is 150). You're welcome to IM or private message me anytime.

Again, welcome!

Charles78 12-26-2005 11:04 AM

Welcome to the site! This is a great group with lots of good folks.

I wish you the very best!

DishyFishy 12-26-2005 01:54 PM

:welcome2: to you, Darlene! Sounds as though you have a good plan there. You'll find lots of support and good fun here, so just jump in wherever you like.

SuchAPrettyFace 12-26-2005 02:59 PM

Welcome to the site! I know you will find a buddy here. We're a great group, if I do say so myself. :yes:

DollyR 12-26-2005 05:34 PM

Thanks everyone! I have been browsing this board and you are all very inspiring. I hope to stick with it this year and get myself at least down 20 pounds before April. I am definitely going to be stopping in and journaling about the progress I make.

Gardenwife 12-26-2005 07:55 PM

Hey, Darlene - Welcome! You're fortunate to live in a climate where fresh fruits and veggies are around a good part of the year, yes? Lucky you! I miss our farm markets sooo much. *sniffle* I echo what others have said here, 3FC is a great place to find not only accountability, but first-class support from a great group of people.

howie6267 12-26-2005 08:34 PM

Welcome! Jump right in and let us get to know you. This is a great place for support.

ejb180 12-27-2005 03:56 PM

Welcome,

I am new as well and looking forward to losing the weight. Feel free to contact me if you need any support. We can all help each other. I am looking to lose betwwen 120 and 140 pounds. I am 5 7 and wanting to lose the weight that has stuck on way too long.

For me, for my son and my future.

I wish you luck - take care.

DollyR 12-27-2005 08:08 PM

Thanks everyone! I had a pretty good day as far as calories go yesterday but as far as the point system forget it. Being on vacation makes it harder for me because I am not in a regular routine plus ...I had company arrive last night about 11 PM for five nights.

At least I know with them we will be eating mostly Korean which although a lot of it is pickled I will be getting my vegetables. I will eat a sensible breakfast of cereal and fruit and make good choices the rest of the day for the next five days.

Wish me luck.

Sheila53 12-28-2005 09:37 PM

:welcome:

I took the real age test before I lost weight and after--what a difference! It's a good motivator.

Kim chee (kimchi)--yuck! My son is from Korea, and he doesn't like it either. Must be an acquired taste. :)

ChocLabLover 01-03-2006 09:14 AM

Sorry I am a little late, but :welcome3: This is a great place for support, and a kick in the behind if you need it! Post often so we can get to know you!

barbygirl43 01-03-2006 04:55 PM

I too am super late but welcome aboard.

DollyR 01-04-2006 04:38 AM

Thanks again everyone!!!