3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Celebrity Fit Club 3 on VH-1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/70658-celebrity-fit-club-3-vh-1-a.html)

Jen415 12-22-2005 08:43 AM

Celebrity Fit Club 3 on VH-1

Now that I have cable back, I'll be able to see shows I've heard about but not seen, like Celebrity Fit Club 3. Here's what the website says about the show:

"Celebrity Fit Club is back for its third season as a one-hour reality show in which eight overweight celebrities compete in two teams of four to lose weight. In each episode the celebrities attend "Fit Camp" where they take part in a range of physical and motivational activities designed to shed the pounds, increase team spirit and rivalry, and win prizes.

In each episode we'll see them at home or work struggling to maintain their regime. And in each episode we'll see them at the "Weigh In Ceremony" where they'll be individually weighed and judged by the panel: a doctor, a psychologist and their fitness trainer. They are also weighed in teams on a huge counterweight scale. In the final show, each member of the team that has lost the most weight across the series wins a grand prize.

This show is about more than diet and exercise. It deals with difficult emotional issues around body image and the fear of failure.
The show is constructed to show celebrities as they are rarely seen. By signing up to Celebrity Fit Club, they're making a brave statement to the world that they have a problem and they need help to overcome it. The celebrities will be challenged to succeed with a combination of empathy and tough love from our panelists. They'll be aiming to shed pounds, but they'll also have to shed their inhibitions.
The show will involve:

Celebrities being weighed publicly. They'll hate it, but admitting your problem is the first step to defeating it.

Celebrities getting the hard facts of their medical condition.

Celebrities in therapy and under hypnosis revealing the deep-rooted emotional reasons for being overweight.

Celebrities subjected to many outrageous varieties of therapies from tried and true yoga, to the latest exercise fads such as Krav Maga.

Celebrities with their partners and families, facing up to the reality of their condition. Husbands, wives, partners and children all have their part to play in supporting - and sometimes undermining - the celebrities' efforts.

Celebrities bonding. It's astonishing how the desire to beat the other team can forge friendships and camaraderie. Most of the challenges faced by the cast are funny as well as tough.

And celebrities at war with each other.

There will be eight shows in the series, filmed over a period of 16 weeks"

Among the contestants this time are Jeff Conaway, Tempestt Bledsoe and Chastity Bono. Here are Chastity's starting stats: 5'5", 215 lbs, and 42.3 % body fat.

I'm sorry, but there's NO WAY she only weighs 215!! Have you seen her picture? It's on the site.

Has anyone watched either of the last two seasons?

ScarlettDrawl 12-22-2005 09:39 AM

I watched some of the last season. At most, it can be kinda funny. It's entertainment. I don't know if they plan on going in a different direction this season, but the last one wasn't exactly chock full of information (diet or exercise related). I liked the Discovery Health Channel Challenge thingie though. That comes on sometime in January.

barbygirl43 12-22-2005 10:16 AM

I agree with Shannon that it is more of an entertainment show and less of a diet/exercise one. It does give you a chance to see that celebs are real people to and go through the same things we struggle with.