Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Exercise Accountability, or "I DID IT!!"

I went back a couple pages and, unless I missed one, the last exercise thread was Sheila's back a couple of weeks ago. So here we go!

When I've started these threads before, I usually was encouraging folks to just celebrate their exercise, naming it here. But this time around, I'd like to suggest that it might be a good idea for some us to also state our exercise plan for the upcoming week. I know that for me on my first week back on plan 100%, I'm going to need all the support I can get in holding myself accountable for meeting my commitments to myself. I don't want to have this sort of nebulous, "I'm going to exercise this week" kind of goal. All of the components of my plan at this point are quantifiable and time-specific, and I will measure my performance not solely by the number on the scale, but by how my behaviors matched up to my goals.

That said, I'm committing this first week to just 5 measly sessions of the WATP 1-mile walk. My energy and stamina aren't great yet (and all of my exercise equipment is in storage so this is my plan for my first week back. I am not holding myself to morning exercise, or even committing to certain days -- just FIVE. 20-MINUTE. SESSIONS. I'm thinking I can pull this off!

I did the 1-mile yesterday, but that doesn't have anything to do with this week's goal. So why do I mention it, you might ask? Dunno. Just to make me feel good about myself, I guess!

Any other joiners?? Don't leave me hanging out here alone -- Mezster? You around?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done for getting your plan down in writing - we can hold you to it now!

My plan for the week is to go to the gym Monday - Thursday for running/weights, a swim on Friday and possibly a run round the park on Saturday depending on the weather and how much Christmas shopping I need to do. I had a decent run on the treadmill today so that's one day down. I'm trying to have a big two week push before I fly over to see my family for Christmas so I'm trying to ignore the darkness and coldness and just do it.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sarah!

I've got my December goal in my signature...to walk for 30 minutes minimum 3 times a week (12 times total). I'm going to work hard to surpass that goal! (But not too hard to cause myself to quit!)
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #4  

I am going to walk 3-5 miles a day. I have walked 7 miles so far today. 5 miles walking at school and 2 miles with my WATP tape
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #5  

I am going to do cardio for 1 hour 5 days this week. I am also going to do pilates or weight lift 3 days this week.
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hello Helen, Jen, Joyce and Victoria!

Woo hooo, so these are some great plans! I really find it so motivating to be part of a group of focused, purposeful individuals.

Alas, no exercise for me today -- the messy, snowy/icy weather tonight resulted in an hour and a half ridehome. After working late, by the time I got home I was just completely knackered, and then I had to paint for a half hour before making dinner (we're about to put the house on the market)......so tomorrow is another day.

So who did what?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #7  

Sarah, I bet you did some stretching and reaching when you were painting. Your were painting the house right? That shoud count for some exercise, you were moving!
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #8  
missaprylj

Went to Curves today.... and every other day this week is my goal .
Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #9  
Krista

Default me too!

I plan on doing 30 mins of intentional exercise every day this week. either my walk tape 30 mins treadmill.

I have gotten it in for today!
babs2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

My exercise goals are pretty challenging, considering my dismal last month, and two-fold:

1. Do 1000 minutes of exercise
2. Do 8 weight-training sessions

The weight-training I haven't started. Still. At all. I'm thinking maybe if I find 3 meals a week where I have like 20-30 minutes of time with things cooking in the oven, I could do it then. Watch TV and lift weights. I'll move my weights and exercise book down to the kitchen today, and maybe try it tonight. But it's hard, because that's usually the time I spend cleaning the kitchen, which will end up a disaster.

And 1000 minutes of exercise is hard, it's more than 30 minutes a day. Plus, I have some days it's hard to exercise, like when business trips make for really long days. Or when I have a Christmas party at night. Or the days I'm on the road 10 hours driving to my mom's house and back for the holidays. I'm trying to change it so I work out in the morning, and go to work a little later, and get home a little later. But it sure is hard waking up an hour and a half earlier than usual to do it!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Okay, I will set up my plan for this week:

Monday Morning: 30 minute brisk morning walk with the Dog
Monday Night: 45 minute Boxing workout
Tuesday Morning: 30 minute brisk morning walk with the Dog
Tuesday Night: 45 minute brisk walk with the Dog
Wednesday Morning: 30 minute brisk walk with the Dog
Wednesday Night: 45 minute Boxing workout
Thursday Morning: 30 minute walk with the Dog (hmm do I sense a theme)
Friday Morning: 30 minute walk with the Dog
Saturday Morning: 1.5 hour walk with the Dog
Sunday Morning: 1.5 hour walk with the Dog
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #12  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Since yesterday was my exercise day off and today was my start of the week and I've done my exercise today I'll plan on doing my exercises (basic bootcamp taebo) 2 more times then my next day off on Friday, then the weekend doing it all over again We can totally kick exercise in the rear!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

5k run (28 minutes) and upper body weights this morning.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #14  

You ladies have inspired me! Love your picture in the dress on your blog! Congratulations to you!!!! Fantastic!

jmacway wow you walked seven miles! I push myself to walk three miles a day and I feel like wow when I started this journey couldn't even walk a quarter of a mile. I needed to see that. Feeling sorry for myself because I feel like I am working so hard and no weight is coming off at the moment. I am on a two month plateau. Needed to read this post and get my butt moving more!! Thanks.

Rode my recumbent bike 8 miles this morning
Walked 1.5 miles
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #15  

I did the elliptical today for 1.5 hours. Hopefully I made up a bit for slacking off yesterday.
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote