Old 12-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #1  

Smile 100lb Club Newbie

Hey everyone, I'm still kinda new to this site and was looking around for a thread that had more people trying to reach the same kinda goal as me.
So I thought I'd pop in and say hello.
My name is Yvonne and I live in NC.
I'm about 229 right now and I'm working towards 140. So far I've lost 16 pounds
I don't do so well on diets this time of the year so, I'm hoping to find lots of buddies, support, and ideas here to keep me going.
Thanks for listening and good luck to everybody.
Vonne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi Yvonne and welcome You've definitely come to the right place for support. As for this time of year it is probably the hardest time to maintain your weight much less lose a few pounds.
What you'll find as a major theme around here is plan plan plan. If you know you are going to a Christmas party then plan what you want to eat at it ahead of time.

Congratulations on the 16 pound loss so far
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome,and the great idea I can use all the help I can get.I've only been to one get together so far and I ate a healthy meal before so I didn't munch to much.
The hardest part so far has been the friends and family giving my son and fiancee cakes,pies,cookies and etc.
But I've been doing really well so far.I allow myself one or two little bites to curve the cravings.
I was wondering how often everyone else works out? I do 30 minutes on an elliptical machine every other day with a light aerobic workout after (usually only 15- 20 min.) should I do more?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, Yvonne! Congratulations on your loss. You're off to a great start.

I'm not the best one to answer your question--I'm pretty lame with my own exercise. I'm currently doing a minimum of 40 minutes brisk walking 3 days a week, and 30 minutes strength training 3 days a week. I'm in awe of anyone who can do 30 minutes on an elliptical machine.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Yvonne! This is a great group, with lots of great threads for recording your excercise, your food etc. Excercise varies with each of us, adn there is really no right answer. I myself walk 7 days a week (30 minutes during week days, ~2 hours on the weekend) as well as Boxing class at least once a week.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Welcome Yvonne You're goal is the same as mine.. 140. What made you pick that goal weight? Congrats so far on the 16 lb loss!

These forums are a really great way to find friends and get support and motivation when you really need it!

I exercise for 3 days then take a day off, then exercise for 3 more days then take another day off. So I end up exercising about 6 days a week but I don't go by numbers of days. I usually go for about an hour a day.
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  

Smile

Thank you Dishy and Carol for your warm welcomes,Congrats on you loss so far too.
Thank you both for the support and great advice.
Thank you for your welcome too Sabriena, I started out at 240 as well my heaviest was 243.I picked 140 as a goal because it's so close to my calculated healthy weight.Why did you pick it as your goal?
It sounds like you have a good plan for working out.I don't think I have been doing as much as I can so I've added a few mini goals for myself.
Do you work out in a gym or at home?

Hope to hear from you ladies again.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #8  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I picked my goal because it's the last weight I remember where I felt great and looked great and it's a healthy weight. I just work out at home.. which I love!! I do Tae Bo so when I mess up at home.. I don't feel so silly

Mini goals are a great start!! That's what I do with my weight loss.. 10 lbs here...10 lbs there and as soon as you know it you've done it a number of times! I've learned that here Plus goals like eating healthy for breakfast 7 times in a row and stuff helps as well
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote