Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #1  

Default Coming Home in time for Christmas...

Hello all my 3FC friends. I have been away from the board for awhile. Welcome to all the new folks on the board and is it ever nice to see and read about all you people who serve as my inspiration. I am especially proud of Sandi for going into the spotlight, being the star that we all know that she is! That is a tough place to go when your used to giving the spotlight to others - good for you Sandi! As for everyone else, what can I say? With or without weight loss, there are healthy changes happening and that is fantastic to read about! Congratulations to all.

I have been busy working and raising kids and it seems like I then lose myself. I am a manager for 130 people and then I come home to manage two kids and a dog. There is little "me" time after all that is said and done! However, I am fortunate that every once in awhile that angels are kind enough to give me a message indicating that I had better smarten up and take care of myself if I intend on caring for these other people in my life. Maybe it is a woman thing but I feel guilty if I am looking after me when there are other people that need caring for. How sick is that thinking?!?

The exciting news at our house??? Well, we have adopted a new baby boy and his name is Spud. He is brown and furry and is a Bichon/Shiz tsu cross. I am absolutely in love with this little fella. This is quite a statement being that I was raised on a ranch and dogs belong outside NEVER in the house. Well, this dog belongs in my house and in my heart. Pets are therapeutic and wonderful. If I had known how great it would be for the kids and my husband and myself, I would have done this years ago. Not only that, the puppy exercises me, loves me unconditionally and never talks back (unlike the children!). Could it get any better?!?

Anyway, just had to tell you that I am home again after a short sabbatical. I, fortunately, have lost 35 lbs rather than gained but I have times when I fall off my plan. It is hard to stay motivated when you work in isolation on developing a healthier lifestyle. It is so much more fun coming here. It is just so nice to come here to give and receive support with such a wonderful group of people. I have missed all of you.

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #2  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Good going on the weight loss, Jenaya! Nice to have you back.

So, are you gonna post a piccie of Spud?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

Welcome back Jenaya, from one dog lover to another!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey there, Jenaya! Nice to see you again -- I'm so glad you returned, although it sounds like you managed to continue to progress beautifully!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Jenaya. You are so right about feeling guilty when you start helping yourself instead of others. But I'm learning that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others or you are doing both a disservice.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

Welcome back Jenaya, good to see you around again. Congrats on the continued weight loss.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome back!!! How awesome that you were able to keep with your program while you were away!

Yes, we must see pics of the new addition!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome back. That is great that you have lost 35 more lbs. Good job.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #9  

Oh, Howie, how I wished I could say I lost thirty five more pounds but unfortunatley (but still fortunatley if you know what I mean) it is just 35 lbs. but that is enormous for me and I am feeling really good about it. You continue to do well but I am sorry to hear about your back and the upcoming surgery. I know that is a stress that is weighing on your mind. Let's hope this will be the last and you'll be as good as new after this... And, if I had lost another thirty five pounds and was anywhere close to the success that you have been achieving, you would never get a word in edge wise because I would be shouting it out to the world.

Ah, I really have missed you good folks! Thanks for your kind words and welcomes. Yes, I feel a picture of Spud will be making its way to my avatar (once I figure out how to do that). It is -34C where I live so my little girl (10) bought the little fella a parka (I know, it sounds ridiculous but he really was cold and I truly am insane - talk about marketing. I know he is a dog but darn, he is such a nice guy how could I possibly allow him to be cold. That would be cruel) and boots so perhaps he will have his first photo shoot online in his new duds (which, by the way, he gladly wears - isn't he a smart dog?!?).

Would someone please remind me why I have done this to myself? Just when you get the kids sleeping through the night, you add a dog into the mix....nuts!

I did it! I actually did it (although not on my own...there is my little Spud..the kids chose the name, I am sure it will grow on me). Sorry, I am a new and confirmed dog lover!

Last edited by Jenaya; 12-10-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #10  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Aww, Jenaya, he's gorgeous!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome to the doggie world. We have two and treat them as they were are children. Well they are I guess. As close as we will ever get anyway.

I guess I must have read it wrong above I thought you were saying you lost 35 lbs. Glad your back here with us and you will make it to your goal.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Awww.. dogs are great -- all that unconditional love and snuggles. That's why you did it! We treat ours like our children too!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote