3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Confession time. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/69509-confession-time.html)

barbygirl43 12-01-2005 04:35 PM

Confession time.

I don't know how many of you noticed that I haven't been participating much in any of the accountability threads but I just haven't been OP in a couple of weeks. With all the stress from the job/car/being sick/holiday, etc. I just got knocked so far off track. Every time I try to start over I only get more discouraged from not being able to be superwoman and do it all. I finally decided that I'm taking this month off from it all. It is time for me to regroup and plan out me a new attack. I also realized that I stopped taking care of me.
I posted a couple of posts in length the past couple of days at my blog if you want to read more about it. Basically I've pushed myself aside from the time the doc told me "It's a girl" almost 3 years ago and I know we have many new moms who are struggling with just this. Each time I would spend money on me for whatever reason I would always feel guilty because I'm sure there's a new toy, outfit, gadget the kids could use right? Then it hit me I was using basic pampering things: haircuts, eyebrow waxing, tanning, etc. as reward for when I reach certain weightloss/exercise goals. What happened when I did reach them. These items went by the wayside.
This month I'm basically making it a month about me. I've already cut my hair (ignore the double chins in the pics :D) and had my eyebrows waxed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...log/before.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...log/after2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...blog/after.jpg

I also told myself I had to wear makeup every day in December, even on the weekends.
Then this evening I'm giving myself a pedicure and masking my hands. Next week a nice bubble bath with champagne, candles and soft music and have something planned for each month over the next few months. I'm also going to start taking at least 3 hours a week of ME time. That means no responsibilities including kids, housework, job, whatever. It' time I started living in the now and not just when I get skinny. I really do feel so much better today because I'm dressed in nice clothes and I feel good about myself.

I still plan on being around here even though I'm not OP so to speak this month (because I have to keep up with how everyone else is doing) and I'm basically taking this month to get my thinking in line and will get me a plan worked out for me to get back on track on Jan. 1.

Star 12-01-2005 04:41 PM

Dawnyal - Girlfriend - it sounds like you already have a plan...and GOOD for you!
I love your new haircut and the makeup.........you look like a new woman already.....
You know, I always feel better when I put on makeup too, even on the weekends and same with a cute outfit......amazing what so little can do for our outlook huh?
HUGS

Jen415 12-01-2005 04:45 PM

Dawnyal, you are a HOTTIE! I think taking the month off is a GREAT idea. Enjoy the month, and start fresh in the New Year.

newfiedarling 12-01-2005 04:57 PM

I actually checked out your blog for the first time yesterday. Good plan.

~Dee

P.S. I loooove the new hair cut.

Natalie'sMom 12-01-2005 05:18 PM

I love your plan and you look great! I know just how you feel -- I am so there and I haven't even lost anything yet! You've already accomplished so much -- you should be proud!! :)

:) lauren

jmacway 12-01-2005 06:54 PM

I love the new hair cut. I am really proud of you for taking the time to take care of yourself. If you evry get to OKC look me up and we will have a girls day out.

luflic 12-01-2005 09:17 PM

You know something I came up with today is I need to enjoy the journey not just wait until I reach goal. I know when I had small children someone told me enjoy them right where they are don't rush them to grow up it flys by. Well I took that advice and enjoyed the girls at every stage some much more than others :) but I can tell you the time flys. Well I was pondering that this morning and realized I need to enjoy the journey of weight loss yes it is going to take a long time like the rest of my life so I best enjoy this time right! So I think we are in the same place. I rambled but what I meant to say is go girl sounds good. Thanks for sharing your blog address

howie6267 12-01-2005 09:30 PM

The hair and makeup looks great. It's good to here you are taking care of yourslef.

ChocLabLover 12-02-2005 08:30 AM

Love the Hair!

Dawnyal, Love the hair! ;) I read a bit of your blog and I can really relate to a lot of it, especially the bit about how us "fatties" sometimes never take the time to take care of ourselves (I am paraphrasing a bit). I think it is great idea to take some time off, regroup and start fresh in January. It definately sounds like you need a bit of a mental break. This way with a date circled on the calendar you can start fresh and not beat yourself up when you find you are struggling.

Star 12-02-2005 08:35 AM

Harley Davidson has a saying
"Riding is not about the destination - it's about enjoying the journey"

(Replace Riding with Dieting ofcourse.....)

barbygirl43 12-02-2005 09:53 AM

That is so true star and my hubby would love it if I quoted motorcycle talk to him. :)

goalnorolls 12-02-2005 01:22 PM

you look great! Makes me wanna get a haircut! :)

I think your plan is great you are starting inside out and we all know that is so important.

YP1 12-02-2005 01:38 PM

I love the hair and makeup, must get my hair done soon.

I keep on telling myself to start wearing makeup, but I still can't quite get round to it properly.

Good on you for putting yourself first for a while.

djs06 12-02-2005 03:28 PM

You look beautiful, Dawnyal! Amazing how much better you can feel when you do stuff for YOU, isn't it? :) I'm sorry you've been struggling.. I can certainly relate. good luck restarting.

babs2810 12-02-2005 03:38 PM

YOU LOOK SOOO GOOD!!!! love the hair!