Inches...

• To everyone, just curious here: How many pounds did you have to lose for an inch to come of your waist and hips? I know it's different for everyone, I'm just hoping to get some ballpark figures. Thanks!
  • I'm not really sure - I've lost 57 pounds and 7 inches from my waist so that would work out to roughly 8 pounds for me. I still have to lose 46 pounds which will bring my waist to 27.25 if the 8 pound theory holds true. Seems about right I think since my goal is 135 pounds. Does this seem right?

~Dee
  • It really is different for everyone, I don't think you can get a ballpark. It's going to depend on body composition, genetically-determined fat distribution, etc. as well as current size. Also it can vary even for yourself because the body is constantly readjusting things as you lose fat and get fitter. I can lose not much "weight" at all and be smaller, and there have been times when I lost "weight" but didn't get smaller at all!
  • Dee - Yes, that seems about right.
    Thanks for the info.
  • It really depends on so many things. One of the biggest is if you work out- you can trim several inches off without losing much weight if you firm up a lot of muscle. I know I was much more toned a few years ago, but then I lost a lot of weight due to health problems and then regained it. Even though I weighed the same, there is no way a lot of my old 'fat clothes' fit now.
  • I lost 4 pounds and 2 inches from my waist. Granted I didn't have a very big waist to begin with. If only I'd lose inches from my HIPS I'd be a happy camper!
  • I went down a pants size which is 2 inch's about every 20 lbs.
  • I've lost 20 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. But my waist has never been the problem! I havent lost anything off my hips and stomach but its certainly changed shape!
  • I've lost 2.5 off my chest, 2.25 off my waist, and 0.5 off my hips but the scale has me losing and re-gaining the same 2 lbs for the last 3 weeks. Uggg