Old 12-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #1  
Obsessed with Johnny Depp

Question Typically Speaking

How much do you eat? And what do you eat during the day?

BreakFast: Special K with skim milk
Brunch: South Beach Diet Wraps
Lunch: Sandwich, Soup and salad. Sometimes If I have enough Calories to have a sweet tater, I do for lunch.
evening Meal: South Beach Diet wraps
Dinner: Some kind of meat, veggie and a sweet potato.

I've been eating every three hours, And I've lost 17lbs...
badassgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #2  
Opulent

Way to go on the weight loss!

Allright, you've told us WHAT you eat, but not HOW MUCH you eat

Here's a typical day for me with things I commonly eat:

1 1/2 cups of veggie and bean soup (no oil or fat added, low sodium, high fiber) <300

8 oz. of calcium-fortified orange juice with 2 scoops hemp protein powder (VERY high fiber and protein!) <250

Plain steamed veggies (broccoli, kale, cauliflower) <100

Vitasoy Complete Soymilk <150 (for 2 servings, added fiber and good protein)

Black beans, salsa, lettuce, guacamole, rice <500
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #3  
Determined

Yogini - what does hemp powder taste like? Can you tell it's in the juice, or not? Thanks, and dang you eat healthy!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:03 AM   #4  
Opulent

Happydaisy, you can *definetly* tell it's in the orange juice! It's an aquired texture more than a taste...it's very grain as it has 14 grams of fiber per serving! 2 small scoops have 120 calories, 3 grams of fat (high in omega 3's) 14 grams of fiber 11 grams of protein! This is the one I use: http://www.nutiva.com/products/0_protein.php You can find it at health food stores all acros the US and I'm not sure about international distribution.

Thanks for the encouragement! I try my best and usually make good choices
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:59 AM   #5  

Breakfast: 1 cup quaker oatmeal w/ water 1 packet splenda
1 cup light vanilla soymilk

Lunch: 1 slice of toast w/1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese
1/2 cup of beans
1 egg white
1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a few grapes.

Dinner: 1 turkey or veggie patty
1 cup of a vegetable
1/2 cup of beans
1 orange
liljeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

For a good overview of what some folks eat, check out the Weekly Buddy Journal threads. It's where some of us post our daily eats, both for accountability and for support and ideas.

For me, my "plan" is to focus on four things -- limiting my calories each day to 1500-1800, focusing my meals and snacks around protein to keep my hunger at bay and my blood sugar level, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and cutting back on sugar and refined flours. Within that framework, there's an awful lot of leeway.

My weekday breakfasts usually consist of a handful of nuts before my hour and a half commute, then cottage cheese and fruit at work. I focus on protein, then build around that. That, plus a cup of coffee will get me to lunch.

Lunch is from the cafeteria -- usually meat and veggies of some sort, but sometimes I'll have veggie soup, or a chicken caesar salad, or crudites from the salad bar. When nothing else looks good I might have a sandwich, burger, or a slice of pizza, as long as I also get soup or salad for my veggies.

I have a protein bar or a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit before heading home. Or a glass of milk when I first get home. That allows me to be sociable without The Beast rearing up (irritable, nasty, hungry thing that she is).

Dinner is usually meat and veggies. I keep frozen chicken breasts, turkey burgers, burgers, whole wheat rolls, and veggies in the freezer. I usually have raw veggies in the crisper. I always have eggs and bacon in the house in case we want "breakfast for dinner." My husband grills a lot, so sometimes we have a leftover hamburger or two in the frig. If it's gotten a little dry, I'll crumble it in a bowl with spaghetti sauce and heat it up, then serve it with whole wheat spaghetti. Sometimes I'll have soup and whole wheat toast.

On the weekends, dinner is much the same. Breakfast is more likely to be Kashi Go Lean cereal and fruit, or oatmeal made with milk and sprinkled with toasted walnuts. Lunch is like dinner. I just have to focus more on veggies on the weekends, because I have to prepare them rather than buy them already made.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote