Old 11-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #1  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Help! It's time!

OK, so I've been on 3FC before -- here and there and everywhere -- well, not quite! But, this time I thought I would join here as I've finalyl come to realize I need to lose at least 100 pounds and I need to start TODAY!

I hope you all can help me! I am 33 years old and have a new baby girl who is only 4 months old.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Lauren
Natalie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #2  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Lauren,
Welcome to the boards. This is a wondeful group that can offer you lots of support and advice. Everyone here has helped me out more than they could even imagine. Post often - we're looking forward to getting to know you too.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #3  
My inspiration!

Hi Dee! Thanks for the welcome -- wow -- you've lost 57 lbs -- that's awesome!

I am looking for a big between Thanksgiving and Christmas push -- ya know, kinda a jump start? I still have 15 pounds of baby weight that's driving me crazy and then I need to take off the rest! I am driking my water today and going to the gym over lunch!

Lauren
Old 11-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Lauren, Welcome to the group! This is a great group for support! Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  
Opulent

Welcome and let me be the first to say your daughter is GORGEOUS! Look at that bright smile! Congrats on making the choice to be healthier. This place has helped me so much! Just keep posting!
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, Lauren! I was rather shocked when it first dawned on me that I had 100+ pounds to lose, but as the others have said, you've come to the right place.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:49 AM   #7  
My inspiration!

Thanks, ladies! I really am excited about this. I need to lose this weight!

I was having coffee with a friend over the weekend when it occured to me that I am like TWO of her. TWO. I just can't get that image out of my mind. Maybe it will help me!? I hope!

lauren
Old 11-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #8  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Lauren! You can do this. You're worth it and that grinning little Natalie's worth it. I know what you mean about being two of someone. My husband Howie's lost 238 pounds since his heaviest of 490, 165 just since April 2004. He's lost two people! I've lost 76 of my initial goal of 100 pounds. I think my final tally will be more like 110.

Best place to start's a food journal, because along with boards like 3FC, it will keep you accountable (that dreaded A word). Log the good and the bad, use tools like the food database at Calorie King to count your calories and fat grams. Portions will at first seem miniscule...Laughable. But you really do get used to them and they will satisfy you. You can do this!

Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #9  

Welcome! I credit 3fc for much of my success and I am sure you will also find the support, advice, and sounding board that you need to reach your goal too.

I can relate to how you felt when you realized you were twice the size of your friend. I'd lost a good 40-50 pounds before it occured to me that I will have lost 100 pounds once I reach my ultimate goal. It was quite a shock because for so long I'd thought I'd be happy to lose just 30 pounds since even 20 pounds seemed impossible. Just recently I was carrying two of my kids at once - a combined weight of about 80 pounds. It struck me that I used to do that every single time I stood up. I swear, I don't know how I kept my knees from buckling back then!

Congratulations on choosing a healthier lifestyle and good luck on your journey!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:03 PM   #10  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome Lauren, I look forward to seeing you around. This is a great place for suport.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi, and welcome. I started off at your starting weight and it's daunting when you realise how far away 100lb seems. But take it a pound or two at a time, and it soon comes off. When you've got something that looks so daunting ahead of you it really helps to cut it down into smaller chunks, so maybe you'll aim to lose 10lb, then another 10lb, and so on.

It also helps to be realistic. It's going to take time. I seem to have lost weight quickly, but I've still been doing this off and on since last July. It's really important to find something that you can do long term, even if it goes against what people tell you. Maybe you're like me and you know someone who lost a lot on Atkins but don't think you can stick to that. Don't do it then, find something that works for you, not something that works for someone else.

And well done for going to the gym, exercise is well and truly the best thing I've ever done for myself.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #12  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Welcome Lauren You seriously have found the right place for support and motivation! I've found that visiting these boards everyday has helped me a lot sticking with it! Like Helen said, take one set of 10lbs at a time and it won't seem like so much. I had to lose 100lbs for my main goal as well but chopped it to 10! It doesn't seem like much

You can totally lose it all and become one person again
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #13  
My inspiration!

Wow -- thanks again everyone! So, where do you journal? Here, or somewhere else? I think a food journal will help!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 PM   #14  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Howie and I each keep an Excel spreadsheet. Mine's a little more detailed than his, with columns for me to tick off servings of fruits, veggies, dairy, grains and protein. You can see his by going to his website and clicking his Food Journal links.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #15  
My inspiration!

Kimberly -- what a cool site you and your hubby have. And you all are going to be in a magazine -- wow -- you are like celebrities! How neat.

I think I might just start with a little pocket notebook, but maybe I'll get more sophisticated from there?

lauren