Tomorrow is the day!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • We have been doing a "weigh down" at work. Everyone paid $5.00 dollars and then we weigh once a week. If you gain you pay $1.00 for each pound gained. At the end the one who has lost the most percentage of weight wins the money. This has been great incentive for me - not the money but having to weigh in each week and be accountable. I don't believe I have won it but at least I have lost 17 pounds so far and I plan to continue! Yea for me! I will let you guys know how it goes when we weigh in tomorrow. And we will probably start this over again at the first of the year.

P.S. I love this site. I have recommended it to several of my friends.
  • Good for you Betty. We did a challenge at work this past spring. I lost 40 during it. My team one but someone else beat me on the highest percentage. It's a great way to lose and it gets you motivated.
  • that is awsome...congrats!!! woohooo, let us know what place you come in, but no matter what you are still a WINNER!!!!
  • what a great attitude. that is awesome that you've lost 17 pounds even if you didn't win the money.
  • Betty, that's great! Can't wait to see how you did!
  • Can't wait to hear how it went!
  • 17 pounds is so great! Good for you!!!
  • So....What happened?
  • yeah what happened???? We're anxious here...lol
  • Waiting...
  • Congrats on the weight loss but I'm with everyone else, what happened??
  • 17 pounds - great job!! What a great idea - there are a couple of others struggling here at my office, I might borrow you're idea, it may get everyone a little more motivated.

~Dee
  • 19 pounds!!
    Well, I was told I lost the most weight but they have not decided the winner yet because the winner is the one who lost the most percentage (?) of weight. Not sure how that works. So, yes I lost the most weight but we will see who the winner is soon I guess. In my opinion of course I AM a WINNER! And I am not going to stop there. I will just keep doing what I was doing and hopefully this 100+ pounds will be off before I know it. Today I weighed 218 but I don't count it as official until my weigh in day on Friday so maybe I will have lost another pound or two my Friday of this week. The holidays will be hard but I am going to try and stay strong.

Thanks for your encouragement!
    Betty
  • Congratulations!
  • Did not win
    I did not win at work. I did lose the most weight so therefore I am a winner! So what if I did not get the money. I feel better and hopefully am on my way to a healthier lifestyle.