I just clipped this from my blog but here's the latest.
Jeff just called and said he was offered the service manager job at another wally world that is 1.5 hours from us. It is where his old assistant manager is now at and he's been wanting him there forever. Jeff has been talking about asking if his grandma wants to buy back our land/house and then just buy somewhere new.
This just scares the sh!t out of me because with all that has been going on this is probably the best solution for us all around but we would basically be uprooting our entire lives and starting over. It's that fear of the unknown. When Jeff gets off work, we will sit down and talk at length about what we want to truly do and if this is the best decision for our family.
I can tell you that part of the reason why I wouldn't want to move is for two main reasons: The county has already went out for bids once for the new housing but they weren't acceptable. They are going out again and once that happens we should get a new home. The other main reason for staying here would be my guilt. My parents bought the house/land about 10 miles from us. Now granted they've always wanted to live out in the country but I can't help but think they bought where they did to be closer to their grandkids. Where the new job is at is about an hour from their in-town house and just over an hour from the country house.
A lot of soul searching, list-making, and such will be going on this weekend. Hopefully we'll have an answer by Monday.