Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #31  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Oh dear, rabidstoat, that was quite a night, huh? Today is a brand new day, so chalk it up to experience and move on.

My sister bullied me into scrapping, Jilly! It's quite addictive, if a little dangerous with my cack-handedness.
I see you were really adventurous with your brekkie--no cereal!

Good job on the pizza night, Liz!

Congratulations on an impressive loss, jillybean! Amazing how much a bit of exercise helps it along!

I've noticed my evening meals have crept up in kcal content (and size!) over the last week or so, but I've also been struggling a lot less overall, so I'm more than okay with that. I guess it takes a wee bit of experimentation to find what works best, and right now it seems to on the mark for me.

Thurs 10/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee, 500ml water.
Snack: ½ cup 2% plain yogurt.
Lunch: 50 g lean ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, 75 g whole-wheat bun, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, tomato: 500 ml water.
Dinner: 2 oz (dry weight) whole-wheat pasta with sauce*; 1 l water.
Snack: 1½ oz cheddar; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: Starbuck's grande bold roast, ¼ cup 0% milk, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1465 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 45 minute walk.

*Garlic, onion, & red pepper fried in 1 tsp. olive oil, mixed with 2½ oz chorizo sausage (grilled & chopped), 1 cup crushed tomatoes, cayenne, chillies, coriander leaf, ginger, & lime zest.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #32  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DishyFishy
Congratulations on an impressive loss, jillybean! Amazing how much a bit of exercise helps it along!
Thanks--I certainly wish I could pinpoint the reason, but I'm pretty sure it's not exercise! The plan has been to go to the gym every weekday, but I've actually only been going 3 times a week and only doing 20-30 minutes on the elliptical, which isn't any more than what I had been doing previously. Maybe exercising in the morning gets my body going more? Or maybe the higher calories is what my body needed to wake up? Who knows--actually, who cares, as long as it's working
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Okay. No exercise today (I'm feeling lazy and blah and want to mope around) but eating went much, much better. I had to graze during the afternoon, and scramble to find healthy things to eat, and I ate a huge dinner, but calories are fine. Whew! Avoiding the candy was hard but I felt like one little Hershey Kiss would lead to a downward spiral today.

Breakfast
McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait
Morningstar breakfast patty

Snack
Individual serving size bag of trail mix

Lunch
Healthy Choice cheese shell dinner

Snacks
Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt
94% fat free popcorn (didn't even eat the whole two-serving bag!)

Dinner
Two fajitas (2 low-carb, low-fat, low-cal tortilla shells, 5 oz chicken, onions and peppers and garlic sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil, with fajita mix, and 1/2 cup salsa)

Usually I eat just 1 fajita, and add LF sour cream. I decided to have two tonight so upped the chicken, added another torilla, and cut the sour cream.

I might have some grapes later tonight, not decided. I'd planned for them, but I'm not hungry right now.

Calories: About 1550
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #34  
Crazy Canuck

Great loss, Jillybean (btw, I don't think Ali was talking about exercising at the gym)

Good job on staying away from the candy, rabidstoat (exactly how much is left??)

Nice way to enjoy pizza night with the family by working it into your plan, goalnorolls! I quite enjoy Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom pizza.

Yep, men can be so strange, Beth ~ talk about them running hot and cold, not at all like us women who are so predictable and always easy to understand. We can't even blame his mood on PMS...let's see how he acts next time you meet up.

Nice, balanced meal plan there, Dee. No wonder you're having such good results.

I really like the sound of your pasta sauce, Ali ~ I might just throw some chorizo sausage, coriander leaf, ginger, & lime zest into my next batch.

Friday
2 - large banana
1 – Carnation Light hot chocolate
Mid Morning
0 – bottled water
0 - large mug of tea
Afternoon
2 - one thick slice 100% whole wheat bread, toasted
2 - light peanut butter
1 - orange
0 – bottled water
Late Afternoon
0 - sliced peppers (red, green, yellow)
1 - fat free ranch dressing
0 – large mug of tea
Early Evening
6 - rather large slice of baked ham
3 - mashed potatoes (made with chicken broth)
1 - frozen veggies (carrots, green and wax beans)
0 - lime flavoured mineral water
Late Evening
1 - One Timbit
2 - Tim Hortons large coffee (2 creams)
22 total (on target)

Exercise: 45 mins dog walking
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:33 AM   #35  
Made in England!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillegal
Great loss, Jillybean (btw, I don't think Ali was talking about exercising at the gym)
I wasn't! Funny how you picked up on that straight away...!

Fri 11/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee, 500ml water.
Snack: ½ oz cheddar, 4 Triscuits; 500 ml water.
Lunch: 76 g lean ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, 54 g whole-wheat pita, broccoli, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, tomato: 500 ml water.
Snack: ½ oz cheddar, 4 Triscuits, 4 olives; 500 ml water
Dinner: 4½ oz chicken breast (grilled), 1 cup rice; 500 ml water.
Snack: 1½ oz cheddar; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 2 beers.

Total kcals: 1591 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None. I should have at least gone for a walk considering how restless I've been all day.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #36  
Eating for two!

My innocent young mind was certainly not in the gutter--but around here, I should have known better

Last night, we ended up ordering Chinese for dinner. I had orange chicken and a little of Jeff's pork lo mein. I entered it into fitday, but I thought the calories were a little low, so I actually purposely overestimated the portion sizes. So yesterday ended up being about 2000 calories. Not horrible considering I didn't really eat anything healthy all day!

Today has started with Fruit Loops cereal (the 1/3 less sugar kind) with skim milk. I'll update later as I've eaten more
Old 11-13-2005, 12:06 AM   #37  
Crazy Canuck

Today was birthday #12 for brat #2 and, as is custom, she was allowed to choose the evening meal. I silently willed her to select a brocolli stirfry but she went for meat ravioli. Oh well, I managed to make a guilt-free sauce for it. For the birthday cake I tried the infamous "2 point diet coke" chocolate cake found on this site and used Light Cool Whip mixed with Jello Fat Free Chocolate Fudge Pudding to make the icing. Thus a satisfying 3 point treat was created for me and (bonus) George and the kids absolutely loved it! Mind you, I'm not forcing the whole family to bend to my dietary changes, but I don't see a problem with providing them with healthier versions of their favourites, especially when they like them as much as the calorie laden originals.

I did use some of my flex-points today (due, in great part, to the birthday celebration) but that's why we have them and I still have plenty left over for the week (which ends tomorrow).

Saturday
2 - one slice 100% whole wheat bread, toasted with
2 - 1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 - orange
1 - Carnation Light hot chocolate
Afternoon
0 - Tim Hortons hazelnut coffee (black)
2 - banana
Evening
7 - Beef ravioli
3 - sun dried tomato and pesto sauce
3 - small slice of garlic bread
0 - mixed greens
1 - Light balsamic vinaigrette
3 - "infamous" birthday cake
Late Evening
2 - one cup 1% milk
27 total (5 points over target)

Exercise: one hour trail walking with dog (and brat #1)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 AM   #38  

Alright, second day back on track. And second day without caffeine. I've avoided killer headaches thus far! Though, it's amazing how much I want to drink diet coke, even with caffeine-free alternatives.

Breakfast
Huge plate of potatoes o'brien (chopped up potatoes, peppers, onions) stir fried in 1/2 T olive oil) with ketchup
Soy breakfast patty
1 cup (probably less) grapes

Lunch
Wendy's chicken BLT salad (for a whopping 680 calories and tons of fat with the dressing, I know, but I really do love them!)

Dinner
Shrimp creole over leftover rice
Sugar-free Jell-o

Exercise: 30 minutes on the bike
What I Watched: Everybody Hates Chris

Calories for the day: 1573
Old 11-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #39  
Made in England!

Good job with the birthday celebration, Jilly! That cake sounds just the ticket.

Ooh, giving up caffeine is a biggie, rabidstoat.
I and get a thumper of a headache later in the day if I don't have one first thing.

It looks as though I'll have to move my trip to the UK forward to April instead of May, although I should still be over there for my 40th birthday. Anyway, my sister lives up the road from the Highland Park distillery (one of the nicest single malts, IMO), so I thought I'd get in the mood (and brace myself for planning the journey) by indulging a little.

Sat 12/11:

Lunch: 2 oz whole-grain bread toasted with 6 LC party cubes & Marmite; 1 l water.
Dinner: 7½ oz sweet potato (baked in skin), 3½ oz tuna (packed in water & drained), 1 tblsp. Phili Light, ½ cup sweetcorn; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml water, 250 ml green tea, ¼ bottle Highland Park whisky.

Total kcals: 1594 (Wot, no free veggies? )

Exercise: 35 minute walk.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #40  

Third day without caffeine. I don't know, maybe somehow I'm getting some snuck in, I haven't had massive headaches. I worry that the Quik Trip has their soda fountain mixed up, and my caffeine free diet coke might actually be caffeinated. Or maybe I'm just blessed with no caffeine headaches this time.

Breakfast
Krispy Kreme donut
Low-sugar Oatmeal (I know, after the donut, what's the point? The donut was planned, though!)
Morningstar soy breakfast patty

Lunch
5 oz 93% lean hamburger patty, with ketchup
Leftover veggies in a light cheese sauce (frozen stuff)
Romaine lettuce salad with tomatoes and green peppers, and LF dressing

Dinner
Healthy choice meal (ceasar chicken)
1.5 cups watermelon chunks
2 oz turkey breast meat (nibbling while waiting for stuff to cook)

Exercise: 30 minutes on the exercise bike
What I Watched: Everybody Hates Chris and some Survivor: Marquesas (4th season)

Calories: Just over 1300
Old 11-14-2005, 06:12 AM   #41  
Eating for two!

Come join us in the new thread for the new week!