Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default NEW boots

I bought me some calf-high boots this weekend. I did go up 1/2 size and buy them in wide so they would zip but I got them up with no problems. I've been wearing them most of the day so far and only had a bit of discomfort for about 30 minutes a few hours after wearing them. I have a couple more outfits I have that I can wear them with.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #32  

Dawnyal I am so proud of you! I haven't been able to zip boots on these calfs in years! I have the kind that are leather in front and stretch in the back total cheats! Go girl!!!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

jawsmom -- free clothes - YAY! Several years ago my SIL gave me some clothes that were too big for her -- some of them really nice. At the time I just had 10 pounds to go to get into them, but I was headed in the wrong direction... *sigh* Last winter I got rid of most of them, as I was now 50+ away from wearing them. And here I am, back within 10 pounds of the clothes I no longer have. Oh well! I'd rather be thinner without the clothes, than fatter with them!!

My NSV came yesterday when we spent over an hour raking the yard and working on the lawn -- I hauled a lot of leaves to the curb and didn't even feel tired at the end of it!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #34  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

As usual, this thread is totally uplifting. I love it!! Here's a NSV of Howie's. He TUCKED for the first time in years yesterday, and he looked great.

Dawnyal, those boots are so cool. I really want to get a pair of boots, along with some flats that are not clunky looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg howie-tucked-s.jpg (24.7 KB, 28 views)
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:11 PM   #35  
Big Ol' loser

My wedding ring is too big!!
Uh oh might have to get a new one
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #36  

WTG on the NSVs everyone. Liz my ring is always turning upside down on me. Now that winter is coming on I imagine I'll have to get a spacer to keep it in place. I'm going to wait until my fingers no longer are shrinking and then just get it resized. I have lifetime resizing (I just have to pay to have them welded back together) but I know that repeated sizing can weaken it.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #37  

I finally have something to write about in NSV. I love reading about everyones NSV.
I have been subbing in a special needs class for the last week. Today the class went to P.E. The teacher wanted the kids to run laps of the gym. To get these children to run, I ran with them. I guess I did a half a dozen laps of the gym. I was very surprised that I was not winded after, just a little tired. I was very pleased with myself when I realized what I had just done.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #38  

Be careful ladies of the rings being too big. My daughter told me of a friend whose ring got lose as she was loosing weight and it went flying off not to be found again. That is making me nervous for my rings. Good idea about getting a sizer band to insert I will have to do that also!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #39  

Joyce, isn't it great when you don't realize what you've done until after the fact? That happens to me sometimes when I'm playing with my kids. They like to ride their bikes up our hill and then race down and I'll run along side of them. We can do that over and over and I don't get so much as a little out of breath (well, not for a while anyway). But, if I put on my sneakers and make a conscious effort to go running I don't get nearly as far before I'm huffing and puffing. I know it is a mental block that I have. I've not yet accepted how far I've come in terms of fitness so I still don't "think" I can do some of these things. But, what do you know, as soon as I stop paying attention my body shows me what it can do!

I had a NSV just tonight. My son's school gives out coupons for free Personal Pan Pizzas when the kids read a certain number of books. I took him to cash his first on in after his karate class tonight. He wanted to order breadsticks so I let him but we only got the five piece since I knew I didn't want any. They brought out ten by mistake and out waitress told us just to keep them. Now, back in the day, I would have figured that since we got extra I might as well eat them. But, tonight, they just sat there and got cold. AND -I ordered a Veggie Lover's personal pan pizza (6 inch) and could only eat half of it! Granted I had filled up on salad beforehand, but still. Not so long ago I would have eaten the whole thing regardless of how full of salad I was. Heck, I wouldn't have even thought to order a personal pan pizza back then. I'd eat an entire medium sized pizza all by myself (well, if nobody was looking!). Anyway, I walked away feeling like the struggle not to eat unless I am hungry or to not eat something just because it is there had gotten a little easier without my even noticing.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:14 PM   #40  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

My wedding ring is loose and when I'm not bloated it will turn around on my finger. It's not quite ready to just fall off, though. Howie's, however...I'm afraid his ring is going to fly off somewhere! We really need to get a sizer for it until he's done and can get it resized.

Great NSV's about the running, raking & pizza, you guys!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:13 AM   #41  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Great victorys everyone. You guys are doing awesome.

On the ring deal, I am wearing mine on my middle finger now. I will get it resized when I lose my last 30.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I had another NSV tonight. We went out to dinner at Red Robin -- known for their burgers and "neverending fries". I actually ate my very first ever gardenburger -- and LIKED it. A lot! And I replaced the fries with a salad. I think it turned out to be less calories than many of my meals at home!

My ring's starting to get a little lose, but not a problem yet...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #43  

Joyce--that is such a great NSV. How cool that you are subbing in a special needs class. I always enjoyed going and covering stories in the one class back home.

jawsmom--you are awesome. Pizza would have to be my greatest weakness (I won't say my one because there are many.)

wyllenn--we don't have one of those around here but that gardenburger actually sounds delicious.

Here is my big, big one: I gave away my chocolate chunk cookie dough

I'm a sucker when it comes to cowoker's kids fundraisers. I forgot that I had bought it. As I was driving to take it home a couple days ago (smack dab in the middle of TOM I might add) I just picked it up and donated it to daycare for them to make cookies. I was sure glad I did too but I would've eaten half the bucket of it at home that night without a second thought.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #44  
Jennifer

That is a brilliant one, Dawnyal. When I'm involved, they should just call it Cookie "D'oh!"
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good job, everyone! Especially you, Dawnyal--you're my hero! I love cookie dough. . .

So I got my body fat measured today (original measurement was 6 weeks ago) and I was hoping for a 1% loss, and I had a 1.5% loss, making my total body fat under 30. Yippee! Not much under 30, but I'm totally happy with that.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote