measuring yourseslf

• There has been a lot of talk about the scales not being our friend and that we should look for sucess in other ways. One of them being to watch you measurements. How do you do this by yourself? Where do you take measurements? Any info would be a help.

Update: I just did an internet search "taking body measurements"
    http://www.crosstrainer.ca/help/measuring.htm
  • Added advice: do NOT pull the tape tight! You should just barely be able to feel it against your skin, it shouldn't be making your skin bulge above or below it.
  • I usually measure my bust( around my boobs), chest (just below where my bra sits), waist, hips, l & r thighs, calves and ankles, and l & r upper arms and wrists. I recently bought me one of these
    for under $5 from a cosmetics company and I love it. I can actually do my own measurements much to the relief of hubby and Mom.
  • I do the same as Dawnyal, minus the wrists. It is hard to know that you have measured in exactly the same place,but do your best and over time you'll really notice the difference.

My scales have actually gone up this week - but my measurements have gone down and I know from how flat my stomach is getting that I am losing fat and gaining muscle.

I'd definately encourage you to measure once a month Joyce!

Love Amanda x
  • I'm terrible at measuring myself...I always measure in different spots so I get different numbers. I know I've lost inches around my waist, but for all other body parts...yeah. Anyway, I hope this will work.