Old 10-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #46  
Tenacious

Pookie - glad to hear that you are free of the staples and the tubes! I agree with the others about the 80% also. Just hang in there and follow the doctor's orders. How are you doing with that nerve in your thigh? The last post I saw said that the pain was easing up - is it all better now?

Last edited by DeterminedInGA; 10-12-2005 at 08:22 AM.
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #47  

Got my coffee, Trader Joe's brand, and 3 kids squirreling about me, but I'm listening.

Did the drs give you any idea as to what you could do for exercise? Like, could you do the gazelle or a bike?

Healing vibes still coming.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #48  
One pound at a time...

Pookie, it is so great to hear all the staples and drains have come out! As usual, I am late to the thread, but great to see you posting again, and take care of yourself!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:16 AM   #49  

INSTANT coffee -- Okay, I am not one to judge. We each have those things about which we are snobs. Fo me, it's coffee. I want a nice, smooth, simple cup in a real mug with no sweeteners or froo-frooey type syrups (except the occasional single pump of chocolate in the occasional low-fat latte), and a little bit of 1/2 and 1/2. I want it organic and fairly traded (elder dd and ds, who we adopted, are Haitian, where child and adult slavery is still an issue, so I am careful with my chocolate and my coffee), which is what I love about TJ's -- they sell both, and I want to enjoy it in good company, which is often a good book... or you guys.

But hey -- that's just me.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Pookie. You are definitely in great spirits and do have that positive attitude.

as for the coffee, I drink it on the rare occassions I can't seem to get up and going and it has to have tons of sweetener and creamer for me to drink it. I love cappuccinos though
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #51  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have been going to Trader Joes for my Kashi. It's cheaper than walmart. They have so many good things and there prices are great. I will have to try there coffee. Now I don't do flavored coffee to much they tend to upset my stomach. I do like trying the different types of beans and roast. We go to Caribou Coffee and they always have a different choice for regular or decafe each day. I have found from the ones I have bought at the grocery I like 8 o'clocks whole bean Columbian Supremo. It is really good. I love to grind my own it just taste so much better. I don't do it all the time because of the expense. It's a good treat though. For our daily coffee I like Folgers it seems to have the best taste to me. I would die without my Bunn coffee maker to make it in. It gets the water at a good hot tempature and creates a real good smooth cup of coffee. Ours broke a few years ago and I tried some cheaper ones and they would just not do.

Sorry Pookie did not mean to over take your thread here. Maybe we should start one on coffee. LOL
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #52  
Crazy Canuck

Yes, Claire, Tim's does a decaf and a Timbit is a doughnut hole, Pookie (one Weight Watchers point - my fave is sour cream glazed). I think we should leave the Canuck get-together until spring or summer because its such a chore to pack the shoeshoes and woolies!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #53  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Bunn only has a full size coffee maker but you can put as little or as much water in to make what you want. The way it works is it constantly keeps a reservoir of water hot. So when you make a fresh pot you pour the new water in and it pushes the heated water out and you have a fresh pot of hot coffee in 3 minutes. Then it's ready within another 5 minuets if you need more than a pot. I love it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #54  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

The Bunn is great. Mr. Coffee has its own "instant" maker like them now, but I don't know if they have the same brewing temp or produce as good a cup as the Bunn.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #55  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Pookie!! Great to see you up and about. And so chirpy cheerful too. Brave lady.

Instant= Sumatra rocks!

I get through rather a lot at home--I like it strong--and I get President's Choice West Coast Dark Roast because it's cheap and exceptionally tasty. I haven't treated myself to an espresso maker... yet! Over the years I've tried squillions of different coffee makers, and nothing works as well as a cafetière, IMO. (I think you call them French presses over here?)

I get a Timmy's every now and then, but I have to put milk or cream in it because it simply isn't strong enough to drink on its own. Those Timbits are my faves too, Jilly, but I can have two of my second fave, the old fashion plain, for only only 10 kcals more than one of the sour creams.

Last edited by DishyFishy; 10-12-2005 at 04:05 PM.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #56  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Totally impressed.

Tim Horton's is not strong enough?? "Timbits" just sounds so....terribly wrong. I don't want Tim's bits.

Now, Munchkins, now that's more like it. I forget what Jolly Pirate shops (our local chain) call them...I think they're just referred to as donut holes.

Caribou Coffee sells Sumatra, too. Their Guatemala and Caribou Blend coffees are good. They're a responsible company, too. I still get my coffee there cut with hot water by half. Coffee shops always brew it stronger than I like.

Truthfully, I'd drink battery acid if that's all they served, just because the atmosphere is so welcoming. It's our favorite place to hang out. They have our picture hanging in their back room -- we gave them a print of us sitting on the loveseat in the shop, signing it "We love 'Bou!".

Related to our 'Bou, let me relate a story. I was still in bed today when I heard Howie exclaim, "Why did I look?! Ignorance is bliss!". We've been enjoying their cinnamon roll popovers, which the store's product binder says have 190 calories with 10g fat. Well....they're actually much more insiduous. Looks like there was a typo in the book sent out to stores! Try 580 calories with 30 grams (7g saturated).

*Snort* Maybe THAT'S a big contributing factor as to why our weight loss slowed down the last month or two!

Last edited by Gardenwife; 10-12-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote