Old 10-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #31  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Charged extra? Probably only felt like it! LOL Here's to the removal of all objects foreign!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:30 AM   #32  
Howie6267's Honey

I wish you did, too! So far, we've met more folks from davesgarden.com than 3FC -- we need to change that!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:24 AM   #33  

Thanks to you all for your support.
3FC is such a great support system and I still get a kick out of the fact that I now know 3FC people all over the country and all over the world. The only problem is I wish you all LIVED next door to me so we could hang out and do lunch !
[/QUOTE]

I was just thinkng how cool it was reading where evryone was from and that we all can chat on this thread. I would love to come pay each of you a visit. I love visiting new places and seeing new things.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #34  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Pookie, you poor thing! for Tuesday.

We could always do a virtual lunch. It's a bit early for me, so I'll just take a , thanks!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #35  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Pookie!!! So glad to see you are starting feel better and some of that nasty pain has gone away. You'll have the rest of those drains and staples out in no time!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #36  

Thanks for the update Pookie! I'm sure you're about ready to be finished with this whole mess! Poor thing, please continue to take it easy and let your body heal. You're always in my thoughts.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Will be hoping for good news on Tuesday, Pookie. I'm glad you're feeling better, though, and that it's not as painful as it was. One drain is better than three, right?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #38  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Pookies - thanks for the update, you're well on your way to recovery now. I wish I was nearer too, I'd love to sit and have a cup of coffee and chat.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #39  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Glad to here you have everything out. You also have an 80% chance of not getting another one. I like the way that sounds better.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #40  
Crazy Canuck

Arghhhh....its so difficult to turn down an offer of but its almost midnight and I'll never get to sleep if I partake now! Oh well, I suppose a virtual coffee can't hurt.

So happy that you're staple and drain free at last, Pookie! Now make sure you listen to the doctors and don't try to overdo anything ... I'm sure its frustrating not being as active as you'd like to be, but its better to be safe than sorry and you simply do not want another hernia to appear!

Hope the pain is all gone now (or at least subsiding to a mere annoyance). Its been great to see you so upbeat throughout this whole ordeal.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #41  
Howie6267's Honey

Yay for you! Glad you're no longer tubed or stapled! I know how irritating those staples can be when they're due to be removed, let alone past due.

Pookie, Tim Horton's doesn't have exotic coffee, just really nasty coffee (sorry, Jill! LOL).

I'm with Howie in the 80% camp. You just follow doctor's orders to a T now. With what you've accomplished with the weight loss, we know you've got the self-discipline to do all the right stuff.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #42  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I don't know how you Americans managed to screw up the magnificent "Timmys" coffee recipe, cuz I'm telling you, its a cup of heaven in the Great White North (I even buy tins to make at home). But, I'll let you decide for yourself when you come to visit, Pookie. Of course, if you need to have some exotic frappy, cappo, mocha nonsense, then we'll go to Starbucks, but I like to stick to a full-bodied cup of 100% columbian roast (unencumbered by sugar, of course). I'll even treat you to a Timbit.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #43  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm with you Jill. I like the coffee you can keep all those fancy drinks. Maybe it's the water up there that makes the diff. Timmys down here is just strong and nasty. I'm sure some like it but I'll pass.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #44  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Coming from a household of Timmy lover's here...
Must be a States thing, 'cause Timmy's up here is wonderful

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:20 AM   #45  

OK, mine's a decaff. Do they do such things at Timmy's, Jill, or is that too fancy?

Pookie, glad to hear that you are well on that recovery road. Hope you are feeling more comfortable, and with much less pain now. As for the 20% chance....well the odds are stacked really well in your favour, and I guess the best you can do, however frustrating, is follow the good doctor's advice, and hope.

So when are we all heading to Canada for the grand coffee-tasting adventure???
artist is offline   Reply With Quote